Thanks DF/W.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Farewell SLC!

I, in turn, just flew my last Comair trip out of SLC just a couple days ago. I'll sure miss flying over the majestic Rockies to Helena, San Francisco, Seattle, Santa Barbara, and Phoenix. I envy you guys! Looks like you even get a SFO overnight!! Enjoy the ditch, the Golden Gate, Mt. Rainier, and the other majestic sights you'll be privy to now that you're in God's country. And, have some of that good Mole' (moh-lay) at the Red Iguana for me!!

Enjoy!!

While I sympathize with all of you DFW guys and gals getting hosed, I hope I never in my life, ever hear again "Delete the speed restrictions, cross TACKE at 11,000". Good riddance to that cluster they call "Regional Approach", and all of their spaghetti arrivals.

ifly4food said:
While I sympathize with all of you DFW guys and gals getting hosed, I hope I never in my life, ever hear again "Delete the speed restrictions, cross TACKE at 11,000".

As opposed to being 200 miles from ATL and hearing "slow to 160 and expect holding, someone in the airport farted and things are falling apart at Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson-Malcolm X-MLK-Metropolitan Airport".

:D

Ted Striker said:
As opposed to being 200 miles from ATL and hearing "slow to 160 and expect holding, someone in the airport farted and things are falling apart at Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson-Malcolm X-MLK-Metropolitan Airport".

:D

It doesn't even take someone farting at Tracon, it just takes a cloud drifting over the radar antenna and the "solar powered approach control" shuts down.

BTW, even the controllers here on the East side still refer to 'da ATL as "Hartsfield". Kinda like how DCA is still National, not "Regan".

Big D will sorely be missed! I am not looking forward the "Cluster Truck" that is ATL...We will see how this "D-peking" works out! Hopefully I will be in SLC SOON!!

Seeee ya DFW

Hey ifly, "delete the speeds" was always music to our ears! When Dallas crews came through ATL, we always wondered why they didn't just put the turn to downwind and the speeds on the arrival. I like spagettii. :) Good to see you the other day in SLC.

O2

I miss TACKY at 250 and 11

O2Hit said:
Hey ifly, "delete the speeds" was always music to our ears! When Dallas crews came through ATL, we always wondered why they didn't just put the turn to downwind and the speeds on the arrival. I like spagettii. :) Good to see you the other day in SLC.

O2

Yeah, thats a good question. ATL needs their version of HORNZ for the downwinds, but then again the speed/altitude notes at the DIETZ corner fixes would read "CROSS BETWEEN 160 TO 250 KNOTS AT 3500 TO 14000 FEET". How the heck is Regional worse than ATL?

For anyone that hasnt made it back to E recently, the power is off and the only thing left on the ramp are the Hamstertubes aka Commutawalks. Even the infamous "GATE 3 DOES NOT EXIST" msg at 30 is off. Not to toss out more rumors but a Ops guy told me the satellite might be torn down.

Well, now the traffic at DFW can go as fast as they want, anywhere or anytime---since they now have 250 less flights to contend with each day. I hope all of those AA flights go 250 to the marker on every approach....

Bye Bye--General Lee

ProLine4 said:
Even the infamous "GATE 3 DOES NOT EXIST" msg at 30 is off.

Ok, seriously, for those of you that were in DFW a lot longer than I was, what on earth does that mean? It's been bugging me, and everybody that I ask just shrugs and goes, "it's been that way as long as I remember".

Latest resources

Back