• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thanks Again Delta!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Delta has a flow back JS agreements with SWA and American. The American just went into effect this month.

Granted it doesn't help you personally, but give it some time and more agreements will come. It wasn't that long ago that Delta couldn't even offer one jumpseat to offline pilots...

so here's a question: if your airline doesn't have 'unlimited' jumpseating with another airline, and i am a pilot for that other airline, can i just say "screw it, welcome aboard!!!" or would i get in trouble? maybe it's just me and my nature, but i would try to help out as many pilots as possible, even if they work for competitors, and ESPECIALLY if 89 seats were open.

Actually there was a time not too long ago when a Delta PILOT couldn't ride on a Delta jumpseat, so we've actually come pretty far.

I guess you could always buy an ID 90 or 95 as a backup for next time. Then again, it'd be cheaper to buy a full fare ticket probably. :)

Delta pilots have always been industry lagging with the jumpseat.....

Yet, they'll use the unlimited on ASA and Comair....

Last edited:
I am not going to harp too much on Delta, Lord knows, they don't need it at this time, however, I do find it amazing how quick they arranged unlimited or flowback with SWA and AA after they closed the DFW hub, yet they are lagging in opening it up for the other airlines.

cforst513 said:
so here's a question: if your airline doesn't have 'unlimited' jumpseating with another airline, and i am a pilot for that other airline, can i just say "screw it, welcome aboard!!!" or would i get in trouble? maybe it's just me and my nature, but i would try to help out as many pilots as possible, even if they work for competitors, and ESPECIALLY if 89 seats were open.

There is no "self boarding" for JS riders and it makes no difference how many empty seats there are in the back. There are very strict policies governing this, varying from airline to airline, from which the captain does not have legal authority to deviate, and for which he will have to account in the final analysis. If you tried to do as YOU suggest, you'd be looking at serious legal consequences.

The policy governs, not personal preference. Of course, everyone tries to accomodate JS riders as much as possible. But, you can bet at Delta those gate agents live for the day they can nail a captain for looking the other way on the JS policy. I spent 30+ years there and can tell you, beyond a shadow of a doubt, this is the case. How do I know ? Because I tried to get away with it now and then and clearly saw the gate agent intercede in the process and stop what I would liked to have done to accomodate a JS rider.

The attitude seems to be that JS is some kind of "birth right". It's a privilege, not a right. Abuse it...lose it. Pilots do not set policy; they carry it out and account for the results.

For those who make a "personal" decision to commute( and that's exactly what it is) and experience problems in the process...you have personal problems and the world is not obligated to jump through hoops to help you accomodate those problems. Sorry...

IAHERJ,

If you have time give me call. I heard on here that a new list was put out a couple of days ago.

Also, did they say, "good luck with your future opportunities" or "don't let the door hit you on the way out (stupid former Express pukes)" :D.

Later

Last edited:
IAHERJ- Congrats, I heard the news!

I'll still give you a buzz when I'm in your red neck of the woods on an O'nite!

B

bafanguy,

My point was, and it was elaborated on by another poster; why only AA and SWA? They took the time to negotiate with these carriers to benifit their Dallas commuters but not with other airlines(especially the one that shares a hub in ATL and carries DL pilots to work on a daily basis). I'm not trying to get anything changed for me. I made a decision this week to leave my carrier and go to another carrier where I won't have to commute at all and if I do it will be online. My new carrier also has CASS. This was a risky decision and I don't want to get into it except to point out that it is not my selfeshness that brought up the origional question in my origional post. When AirTran finally gets approval to eliminate the charge for the second + offline jumpseater should we leave it there for Delta pilots only? Maybe only offer unlimited free to FEDEX and Jetblue? I'm sure it will all change down the road and all will be good in the jumpseating world once again. Just had to vent a bit earlier.

IAHERJ

Latest resources

Back