• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thank you, Scott Hall

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Since TSA is so good at raping pilots why don't they check the airplanes themself and put a "sticker" on the door (kinda like a red tag for a ramp check) "this aircraft has been checked by TSA....end of story.

do you really want thoes idiots touching your airplane?

Another thing about that 10 degree pitch bs, that sure doesn't help things when you are rolling and someone presses toga and everyone focuses on setting that back to 10 degrees on the way down the runway.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but what's wrong with hitting TOGA before taking the runway and reseting the pitch? This way you wouldn't have to deal with it when taking position.

On the flights I have been on we set it when we are moving into position, but the first thing we do is push toga when cleared for takeoff screwing the setting up.

... why don't they check the airplanes themself and put a "sticker" on the door ...

Actually it would be a paper strip that says "Sanitized for your Protection"

does this have to do with opening panels on pre flights?

We've been doing that at XJt for a few months now...sucks a$$...guess I'm a bomb tech now?

We've been complying with this TSA directive for a while, as well.

This goes to my point: If there is enough of a need for those procedures to be in place at all, why isn't there someone from the bomb squad stationed at every gate at the appropriate time for the required actions? Why is my personal safety, from either biological or explosive threats, less important? If these TSA mandated procedures were of a critical enough nature for these procedures to be issued, why wasn't I issued appropriate PPE to deal with the perceived, or actual, threat?

It certainly is possible that someone other than Scott was responsible in part for this change. However, the only one that I've seen even mention this, much less take any action, has been Scott. Soooo, sincere thanks to Mr. Hall.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but what's wrong with hitting TOGA before taking the runway and reseting the pitch? This way you wouldn't have to deal with it when taking position.

Nothing, that's the way we're doing it. You can always do the runway update with the FMS if it's that important to you.

It certainly is possible that someone other than Scott was responsible in part for this change. However, the only one that I've seen even mention this, much less take any action, has been Scott. Soooo, sincere thanks to Mr. Hall.

Get bent Glenn,
We've been doing this for the last couple of years. We just got a notice that if we don't, we're subject to a fine TSA up to $10k. The airline won't pay the fine for us.
Yeah, it's BS. But are you out there watching your FO doing the walk around? I'm no Walk Around God myself, but I've seen half the guys walk around while on the cell phone, or taking pictures of their new Jet they get to fly.
This way it actually makes the FO do the check atleast once a day. Might save you from a gear pin from being left in, because Junior didn't want to look.

At CVG we've had issues with a certain TSA agent putting FOD in panels, even hiding in the forward cargo on a 70/90. So you better watch out for that crap to when you're in town. They're trying to become the Chuck Norris of TSA.
Maybe Scotts not trying to make your life hell for actually having to do a walk around, but save you a fine that you can't afford because Mr. TSAHard-on is looking to bust a pilot.

Get bent Glenn,
We've been doing this for the last couple of years. We just got a notice that if we don't, we're subject to a fine TSA up to $10k. The airline won't pay the fine for us.
Yeah, it's BS. But are you out there watching your FO doing the walk around? I'm no Walk Around God myself, but I've seen half the guys walk around while on the cell phone, or taking pictures of their new Jet they get to fly.
This way it actually makes the FO do the check atleast once a day. Might save you from a gear pin from being left in, because Junior didn't want to look.

At CVG we've had issues with a certain TSA agent putting FOD in panels, even hiding in the forward cargo on a 70/90. So you better watch out for that crap to when you're in town. They're trying to become the Chuck Norris of TSA.
Maybe Scotts not trying to make your life hell for actually having to do a walk around, but save you a fine that you can't afford because Mr. TSAHard-on is looking to bust a pilot.

Get bent? Simmer down, would ya?

I wasn't talking about blowing off then entire preflight.

Ahhh, nevermind...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back