• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thank You CHQ CA for 'Making the Walk'

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I used to be an ops agent and covered the gates when needed...

SOME airlines physically stop the gate agent from checking in or listing people 10 minutes prior to ETD to ensure an on time departure. Its not that the agents want to help you (except for the old bitties that work for NW in MSP), its that they cannot.

There is INSANE pressure on the station people-rampers and agents included- to get an on time departure.

And then there's the time I was commuting on a full fare ticket for a fractional, and got left at the gate by an early departure to my home town on the last flight out that night. This after 8 days on the road. Yeh, that CA can KMA. Sometimes you're the hero, sometimes the goat.

-Don't even bother showing up for my JS, Gen. You will get 2x kicked off, and won't make it half the way down the jetway!

Since when did they start having jumpseats on lav trucks, dickhead?
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
And only captains can make that call, BTW!;)

Since when did the Airtrain become so "Amazingly Crappy?" You sound like a typical dopey passenger ready to complain at the drop of a hat...The AirTrain is fine.

Seems that you've never been stuck in the amazingly crappy airtrain...but then again pretty much everything about Newark is amazingly crappy!

I've had mainline AA gate agents insist that they were correct when they tried to put a mainline pilot into the Jumpseat of a CHQ American Connection flight ahead of me back in the Corpex days...she finally lost the battle only because I had a copy of the SABRE Connection J/S priority list-but after reading mine she had to go to her computer and look it up herself!

Last edited:
I can't stand gate agents like this. Yes, I undrstand the 10min rule. We aim for the same thing at JB. But it IS possible to re-open a flight and be listed. I've had that done a couple times by some very stellar rockstar agents...and also have had the door "slamed" in my face when there was still FOURTEEN fvken minutes to go. F'n Comair agent in JFK.

I've had more good experiences than bad though...but the bad stand out more and seem to occur with last flights and full ones.

Ooo...Ooo...There was a Delta agent in ATL who wasn't going to let on about 12 non-revs (myself included)...time was running short. He wasn't very efficient and was running behind. I saw the screen say "Flight Dispatched"...everyone started questioning him. His response....WEIGHT AND BALANCE issues. A 737-800 going to MCO with good weather everywhere. I spoke up...loudly/firmly...and said NO, there isn't. There would NEVER be with this leg...I'm in uniform. Thankfully, another agent came out of the jetway and was curious as to why we all weren't cleared.

We all got cleared in a matter of seconds after SuperAgent rescued us.

I was so PISSED that this friggin tool was flat out LYING because he couldn't do his basic friggin job.

I hope to god none of our (Jetblue) agents pull crap like this. If they do, I want to hear about it.

Since when did the Airtrain become so "Amazingly Crappy?" You sound like a typical dopey passenger ready to complain at the drop of a hat...The AirTrain is fine.

Oops....Sounds like a New Jersey native got offended that someone is complaining about his airport. Baron, relax, and accept the fact that you live in a complete waste of a state. EWR sucks, no matter how you look at it, it's a friggin dump.

It would take them ½ the effort to just list someone and get them on. The temper tantrum probably made this take three times longer than it had to. I hate it, but part of my ritual before departing the gate is to go have a look in the gate area because our agents at US Air Express are total @ssholes to jumpseaters. You pay trash, you get trash that acts the part. I feel like the landlord of a trailer park dealing with these agents lately.

Latest resources

Back