• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Thank CO 826 IAH-SAL 9/19

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah thanks for nothing!!! Supposed to meet up with two friends in SAL who went EWR direct... 11 open seats the night before 7 open that AM, 0 held.. What do you mean weight restricted. A/C pushed with 5 open seats and 5 non-rev's and a jump seater standing in the gate... Thanks for working together there Cappy.. I saw at least 10+ very old couples standing in the gate prior to boarding.. There weight couldn't have been more than 120 lbs per person.. Plus about 15 or so smokin hot babes who couldn't have weighed more that 105 per. What happened to at least a half weight count... Turned around and jump seated home... You would see this happen in EWR the last thing 95% of EWR capt ask, "is everyone on who wants to get on"... If not how can we fix it...

Oh boo hoo hoo, buy a ticket.

Oh yes, the calibrated visual weight scanning technique, the half-weight count or the smokin' hot babe rule - all approved methods for accommodating extra weight. I'm sure Cappy didn't think of that. Too bad you couldn't have chatted with the ol' boy(or girl). I'm sure they would have been laughing all the way to SAL - with a still-empty jumpseat.

I got bumped off of a SEA-EWR AS flight due to salmon cargo.
That doesn't make AS a bad outfit. It simply means folks on the east coast like the taste of pacific salmon. It was inconvenient but I had backup plans. Your post is tantamount to getting pissed off at road construction. See if it really helps.

Imagine all those airplanes this toolbag has flown and he has never heard of a weight restriction.

Sorry man... Cal C/S agents hate jumpseaters and we have some Capts that don't care too... As a FO, if my Capt is to lazy to make the walk to check for jumpseaters I will do it....
A lot of the time we have no clue that people want to jumpseat unless the C/S agents tells us... which is never, so ask to speak to the crew when you check in....

CAL Sucks....I rather Jumpseat offline then on my own carrier

So here is a guy suppossedly qualified to jumpseat on a 121 carrier, who doesn't understand weight restrictions...simply amazing!

Yeah thanks for nothing!!! Supposed to meet up with two friends in SAL who went EWR direct... 11 open seats the night before 7 open that AM, 0 held.. What do you mean weight restricted. A/C pushed with 5 open seats and 5 non-rev's and a jump seater standing in the gate... Thanks for working together there Cappy.. I saw at least 10+ very old couples standing in the gate prior to boarding.. There weight couldn't have been more than 120 lbs per person.. Plus about 15 or so smokin hot babes who couldn't have weighed more that 105 per. What happened to at least a half weight count... Turned around and jump seated home... You would see this happen in EWR the last thing 95% of EWR capt ask, "is everyone on who wants to get on"... If not how can we fix it...

Should have bought a ticket if it was that important....

Latest resources

Back