Thank CO 826 IAH-SAL 9/19

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JUNK YARD DOG

Yeah thanks for nothing!!! Supposed to meet up with two friends in SAL who went EWR direct... 11 open seats the night before 7 open that AM, 0 held.. What do you mean weight restricted. A/C pushed with 5 open seats and 5 non-rev's and a jump seater standing in the gate... Thanks for working together there Cappy.. I saw at least 10+ very old couples standing in the gate prior to boarding.. There weight couldn't have been more than 120 lbs per person.. Plus about 15 or so smokin hot babes who couldn't have weighed more that 105 per. What happened to at least a half weight count... Turned around and jump seated home... You would see this happen in EWR the last thing 95% of EWR capt ask, "is everyone on who wants to get on"... If not how can we fix it...

Yeah thanks for nothing!!! Supposed to meet up with two friends in SAL who went EWR direct... 11 open seats the night before 7 open that AM, 0 held.. What do you mean weight restricted. A/C pushed with 5 open seats and 5 non-rev's and a jump seater standing in the gate... Thanks for working together there Cappy.. I saw at least 10+ very old couples standing in the gate prior to boarding.. There weight couldn't have been more than 120 lbs per person.. Plus about 15 or so smokin hot babes who couldn't have weighed more that 105 per. What happened to at least a half weight count... Turned around and jump seated home... You would see this happen in EWR the last thing 95% of EWR capt ask, "is everyone on who wants to get on"... If not how can we fix it...

Not sure about CAL but at most airlines the "Cappy" can't work the numbers anymore...its automated. Without knowing the details its hard to know exactly what happened.

You can't be serious...

I wonder if a 737 might be actually weight restricted departing SAL? Aren't there some mountains around that airport, or did they trim them down?

you are so we todd did

These IAH-SAL flights sometimes have insane amount of bags and freight. Bags and freight before non-revs and jumpseaters. Being up against landing weight limit.

Yeah man, unless you're the load-planner, you don't know the specifics. You obviously we're not the only one left behind. I'd say they were up against a limit

I cannot believe the poster came here to bitch.

So you didn't make it, it sucks, but it doesn't mean the crew intentionally left you behind. I'll crunch the numbers until I am blue in the face, trying to get every one, but sometimes it just doesn't work.

Coming on here and bitching about it, well that is just sad!

Last edited:
I've always been under the impression that the CA should have spoken personally to the jumpseater about their specific situation...why they are jumpseating, personal or other (think Brazil EMB-135BJ a few years ago).

I've always been under the impression that the CA should have spoken personally to the jumpseater about their specific situation...why they are jumpseating, personal or other (think Brazil EMB-135BJ a few years ago).

It may be different on other airlines, but on CAL, in order to take that jumpseater, you have to get every other nonrev on first.

I've had to leave people behind as an E145 captain, yes it sucks but sometimes (when you're 1000 lbs away from being remotely legal on a 48000# jet) you just have to make the hard call.

You are welcome! If you would like to leave your name,airline and ID# I'll make sure I pass it along to my "Cappy" so we can never help you again. Thanks for not flying with us. Enjoy your day.

Latest resources

Back