• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Texas Area Fuel Stop

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wouldn't go into Denton unless its late at night. They have an excellent FBO and great people working there. However DFW approach really screws. Sends you down low out SE of Dallas and then all the way west of DFW and then North. Its like pulling teeth. Just trying to help.

Dude's right. Stopped there on the way to Mexico last year and swore never to do it again. Have you thought about San Angelo? KSJT. The two FBO's are next door to each other and they are pretty fierce about beating each other's fuel prices.

Clinton-Sherman (CSM). Great quick turns, good catering and cookies and a reasonable fuel price.

Rick1128 said:
I have used Tyler and AMA many times for refueling stops. Both are quick, but AMA is a little quicker. Plus there is a resturant just behind the FBO.

SPS used to have a LOT of military flight training as it was a joint use airport. I don't know its current status.

They still have a lot of military training but I have always found them accomodating.

Screw all of those. Go to Alliance (AFW). It's not busy, it's a long runway, it's somewhat away from DFW, and the chicks are smoking hot inside the fbo.

We go into Lubbock all the time and use Chaparral. Long runways. Coming back east we have gotten caught up with DFW arrivals and held down, but usually not for very long.

Latest resources

Back