• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Test

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well then i guess we know where you stand on homosexuality. If you can honestly say that you would not work for a company with homosexuality, then you must have a real hard time making a living unless you work from home considering id say that 99% of all companies employ at least one homosexual. And as far as your reply to the "elected official" i wasnt speaking of the government rather the episcopal church. We elect our bishops not appoint. Oh yea why cant episcopalians play chess? Because we cant tell the difference between a bishop and a queen! hardy har har! thanks im here all week! try the veal and tip your waitresses!

mnixon said:
Well then i guess we know where you stand on homosexuality. If you can honestly say that you would not work for a company with homosexuality, then you must have a real hard time making a living unless you work from home considering id say that 99% of all companies employ at least one homosexual. And as far as your reply to the "elected official" i wasnt speaking of the government rather the episcopal church. We elect our bishops not appoint. Oh yea why cant episcopalians play chess? Because we cant tell the difference between a bishop and a queen! hardy har har! thanks im here all week! try the veal and tip your waitresses!

Your question asked about the CEO, the person who sets the tone for the company. On that basis alone, I answered your question. Don't pull the liberal prank of changing the parameters to try and insert a new variable.

Good point about Bishops being elected.

In any election, whether we are talking about a government official or a bishop, we should, both as a moral civil people and an observant group of believers before God, retain the foundational beliefs that include moral character and examples of behavior that we want our citizens and our children to model.

And yes, I work for myself. I'm a better boss than others I've had. :)

Last edited:
Yeah no kidding!

Typhoon1244 said:
Ah, now I get it.

It was a test to see if any thread can be turned into a religious discussion. :D

And to think the guy who started it... me... is a Mormon! The world is truely a strange place.
ANDY

P.S. We all have beliefs but let's be careful not to offend. We are all friends here...;)

First comment: I can't believe I wasn't clued in about this thread (this is about religion after all).
Northern Lights said:
Exactly. I remember some radio preacher once saying "Just because you put christian words the devil's music, doesn't make it christian."
We once had a woman that didn't stay for our worship service because we didn't have an organ. In fact, we're still looking for a keyboard player to join the worship music team. So right now, all we have are a couple of guitarists and a drummer. (Electric drums are so nice because one, they don't take up as much room, and two you can turn them down enough so you can still hear yourself sing while they play!)

I am reminded that the old hymns we know were the contemporary music of their day!

So we do sing contemporary Christian songs along with the old hymns too. They are new songs after all, and not retreads of Black Sabbath. As long as the words are inline with Scripture, sincere, and from the heart - who cares? Worship can be done with all your heart, mind, body and strength. You can put emotion into it! My church is not legalistic at all in dictating what you can and cannot do. There are very many things the Bible is silent upon, and my congregation is of like mind with me (which is why I go there) that if the Bible is silent, like on card playing, we ought to be too.

Paul said everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. So I judge whether something is right by that light.

As far as the charismatic movement I don't know. We do not view ourselves as a charismatic Church but some including our pastor will raise their hand and one older lady even waves. I do think we have to realize the spiritual component to worship and often I imagine how I would sing if God were physically present; well He's spiritually present in our worship, so I sing as well as I can. If I raise my hand it's to honor our Father and the Lamb.

Don't you remember how David worshipped? He danced before the Ark of the Covenant. Sometimes, I'd like to get out in the aisle and dance, but I am a little too reserved to do that...

mnixon said:
I'm more than willing to be open to new ideas! I judge no man on race creed or sexuality. As far as the homosexuality issue, who really cares just as long as they do the job that they were elected to do.

...but will the lord deny me the rights of my neighbor because I dont pray to the virgin mary, or because a bishop of my church is a homosexual? I think not!
God has a lot to say on sexuality. The circumcision is an outward sign of obedience, a reflection that we men must reel in our basest nature, and an acknowledgment that God has control over our sex life!

Yes, God is present even when making love to your wife. Don't you know about Onan in Genesis 38:9-10? What do you think the Songs of Solomon are all about?

We are not to judge the world, that is for God to do after the Millennium when the dead are raised to be judged. But we are to judge those in the Church.

For instance, say an overt homosexual wants to enter and worship at our Church. He or she is more than welcome! However, in order to be a member, he or she cannot continue to live in that sinful life. Does they have to become straight right away? No, not if I had time to put to death all the sin in my life, but that is the direction they should be working toward - to be more like Christ Jesus! I would expect him or her to not be fornicating their lives away in that same old life style. They may be still struggling with their sin issues, just as other Christians struggle with their weaknesses. But he or she should not be an advocate for sin just as I don't say we all ought to be able to lie, steal or kill. Sin is sin after all and it doesn't matter which of the moral laws you break in order to cross that line.

Now in the matter of whom you elect, look to Timothy for the qualifications. Such a person as the Episcopalians have elected for Bishop does not even qualify for a Deacon, much less an Elder or a Pastor.

Now your Church has affirmed an avowed homosexual in the majority. Those people have not fulfilled their duty as Christians as I read the Epistles. This does not mean they have lost their salvation in my opinion, that is a heart issue, and one that I cannot address. However, as we all will be judged, I would view this action as represented by the wood and stubble in our lives that is burned up. For the true Christian, a decision to be a part of an apostate Church may result in a loss of reward, but having life through Grace is a wholly separate matter as I have come to regard what will be.

Latest resources

Back