Terrorists Win: Deodorant Banned From Airplanes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NEDude said:
Tell that to Timothy McVeigh and the Unabomber.

As soon as Timmy McVeigh and Ted K-types start blowing up and highjacking aircraft, then we can profile that group at the airport.

Until then, PROFILE THE PROBLEM.

Situation:

You are on an overnight. Laying in bed, you hear a creature a stirring in your room. You flip the light on, and find out that it is a cobra snake that has found it's way into your room. Do you kindly turn the light off, and ignore the snake, because "Hey, it hasn't done anything to me yet. So, I should not bother it."

Or, knowing that snakes can strike, and possibly kill you, do you take care of the problem, and get the snake out of your room?

I'd get the thing out before anything bad could happen.

Profiling works.

In the instance of making travel difficult for the profiled group, GOOD!!! Maybe that would motivate them to assist in rooting out these problem cells.

Look back in history. Christians had a similar problem during WWII. Some idiot named Hitler had equally stupid ideas of infidels, and other creeds. He got a little farther with his conquests and goals than the current day Muslims fanatics have. But, what happened is that the rest of the Christians during WWII did not want themselves to be represented by Hitler, and they called upon, and assisted in, getting him out of power. This included the Vatican, with public condeming of Hitler's ways.

Where is the head of the Muslim faith? Where are the Islamic leaders?? Why are they so quiet, and not assisting in defeat of these nit-whits?!?!?

The Nation of Islam, if they are really against these terrorists, must step up to the plate.

Seems to me that racial profiling already happens in America. Usually when there is a new serial murderer that the FBI is looking for we always hear that famous quote "we(the FBI) are looking for a WHITE man is his late 30's early 40's." And they are usually correct. If it's OK for the FBI to do it in serial murder cases it should be OK for the TSA to do it to serial airplane hijackers!

hatetoadmitit said:
If it's OK for the FBI to do it in serial murder cases it should be OK for the TSA to do it to serial airplane hijackers!
Define serial airplane hijackers, cracker.

DrewBlows said:
I never addressed the issue that Coulter was addressing, I merely pointed out that her argument was based on nothing, which is a common theme with her. I have my own ideas on security that may or may not jibe with Coulters (or yours).

If you want to have an intellegent discussion about security start a thread, I'll participate. Someone posted an Ann Coulter article and several flightinfo members praised her, this is not an intellegent discussion. I tried to add a little levity to the thread. Some people will understand it, some won't

The reality is that most people on this board know much more about airport security than she does. I include myself among those people, though I still haven't given my opinion on the subject on this thread and don't intend to do so.

Furthur, to suggest that I have no business around an airplane based on a thread in which I quoted Billy Madison is absurd. Show me in the quoted article where Coulter adds one fact, statistic, or other relevant information to support her argument and I'll apologize for my first thread. This article is no different from any other that Ann Coulter has ever written. Her arguments are often off-point and/or bigoted and are rarely supported by fact or analysis. She's the one who accused several 9/11 widows of enjoying their husbands dealth.

In conclusion...

...Ann Coulter is an idiot...

...and not hot.
Drew, are you an eyes closed, ears shut, mouth open liberal? Your automatic hair trigger reaction to Miss Ann is a viseral reacton to you "in touch with your feminine side" wackos. She writes a short column and can not footnote each fact, but if you are in the airline biz and can't see the truth in her short article, then I actually pity you for not being able to get beyond your ascot and smoking jacket superior view of the world. She is right about the 9 11 widows. She never said "enjoying their husbands death" you typical liberal word twister. She points out the exploitation of their death by using their deaths to put forward their twisted religion of liberalism to the detriment of our troops. The overall "tone" of your few posts here I've read keeps refering to yourself as the "standard" of intelligent thought. Any debate with you will turn out to be a large word filled, emotionally charged, flamboyant, hissy fit. The reason you do not like Ann is because everytime she writes an article it bursts your ideology. The reason you do not think she is hot, is because you are conditioned by your party to think Cindy Sheehan and Madeline Albright are hot. (That is on the outside chance that they allow you to prefer women)
Peace, Love, Rock and Roll

"You look for weapons, we look for terrorists...."

El Al spokesman

As soon as Timmy McVeigh and Ted K-types start blowing up and highjacking aircraft, then we can profile that group at the airport.

Okay, then start it. Ted Kaczynski put a bomb on American Airlines flight 444 back in 1979.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unabomber

And of course a person who would blow up a bunch of little kids would never think of bombing an airplane.

Last edited:
NEDude said:
Okay, then start it. Ted Kaczynski put a bomb on American Airlines flight 444 back in 1979.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unabomber

And of course a person who would blow up a bunch of little kids would never think of bombing an airplane.

OK...27 years ago, you got a loonie guy that attempted a bombing.

Since then, they hunted him down, and got him.

If the last reference you have is from that long ago, we could fill up the flightinfo server with Islamic extremist actions over the same time.

Right now, at this point in time, the problem consistently surfaces as Islamic Extremists.

And yes, if a Christian nut gets on a plane and attempts to blow it up tomorrow, then we look at that group a little more. If a pattern develops over time, then we profile that group too.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back