• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Terrorists Win: Deodorant Banned From Airplanes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ann Coulter is an idoit. At no point in her argument did she feel the need to support it with fact, statistics, or other relevant information (sorry, her opinion is not relevant, she has proven that time and time again).

She mentioned her unmentionables five times, which is five times more than I care to hear. Come on guys, she is not that hot, she's "right-wing hot" which is the equivalent of "airport hot". Put her in a group of above average looking women and she would be at the bottom end.

In closing, I have seen more well thought out arguments on Flightinfo.com. To quote the great film Billy Madison "At no point in your rambling, did you even come close to an intelligent thought. I award you no points, may God have mercy on your soul." Carry on.

Hey dew,
If you don't think that article was pretty f-ing close to what the problem is here then you don't need to be anywhere near an airplane.

AKAAB said:
The fly in the ointment will prove to be redneck copycats trying to get in the news by riding on the terrorism train. Some ignorant non-Muslim yahoo is going to try to blow up a plane just because it's in the news and he wants to go out with a bang. Profile behavior first, ethnicity second.

Who wouldn't be against banning rednecks too?

NEDude said:
Tell that to Timothy McVeigh and the Unabomber.
The Unabomber was of Lithuanian or Belorussian ethnicity...which could be Muslims. You never know. You crack and egg and dump the contents into a bowl and then you notice there's a piece of shell in bowl and that piece of shell happens to be Muslimodromic.

ATR-DRIVR said:
Hey dew,
If you don't think that article was pretty f-ing close to what the problem is here then you don't need to be anywhere near an airplane.

I never addressed the issue that Coulter was addressing, I merely pointed out that her argument was based on nothing, which is a common theme with her. I have my own ideas on security that may or may not jibe with Coulters (or yours).

If you want to have an intellegent discussion about security start a thread, I'll participate. Someone posted an Ann Coulter article and several flightinfo members praised her, this is not an intellegent discussion. I tried to add a little levity to the thread. Some people will understand it, some won't

The reality is that most people on this board know much more about airport security than she does. I include myself among those people, though I still haven't given my opinion on the subject on this thread and don't intend to do so.

Furthur, to suggest that I have no business around an airplane based on a thread in which I quoted Billy Madison is absurd. Show me in the quoted article where Coulter adds one fact, statistic, or other relevant information to support her argument and I'll apologize for my first thread. This article is no different from any other that Ann Coulter has ever written. Her arguments are often off-point and/or bigoted and are rarely supported by fact or analysis. She's the one who accused several 9/11 widows of enjoying their husbands dealth.

In conclusion...

...Ann Coulter is an idiot...

...and not hot.

Drew-

Your intellectually bankrupt dismissal of Coulter's point is very telling. You are allowing your obvious dislike for her to blind you to the obvious truth.

Let me summarize her point:

In this day and age, we need to profile muslims whether we think it is politically correct or not. The odds of a non-muslim (or sympathizer) attempting to take down an aircraft is very low.

Not all terrorists are muslim, but muslim terrorists are the most likely threat to US interests.

Her other point is valid: That is was NOT the security measures in place that thwarted this plot. It was intelligence collected on these people.

Had these people NOT been under surveillance, they may have succeeded.

Everyone knows that post-911 security measures are all for show. Searching some grandmother from Oklahoma is a waste of time, and is a sop to the politically correct thought police. You included, apparently.

This madness will continue until the absoute foolishness of the left is exposed, at which time we will finally abandon the thinking of people like you and start using real anti-terror measures. The days are numbered for people like you having any political power.

The only remaining thing to be determined is whether we need to be hit a few more times before we wake up.

On behalf of the correct-thinking political right in America, I would like to issue you a pre-emptive I Told You So, right now.

:)

100LL... Again! said:
Also, Racial/Religious profiling is coming, whether you like it or not.

Yup, all well said. If we dont begin to profile, we will all find oursleves in the "Furloughed" section on flightinfo sooner than later.

Guitar rocker said:
Yup, all well said. If we dont begin to profile, we will all find oursleves in the "Furloughed" section on flightinfo sooner than later.
No, just you guys. Enjoy.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back