Term Life Insurance

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PICLife

I agree with term insurance from PICLIfe, which is an agent for American General. I believe they took over Old Line Life a few years back. I pay $96 every three months for a 30 year level term. They contract the physical for the application.

CC

I'd be wary of buying any life insurance from a company that is public now. Some 12 or so are trying to get tarp money. Stick with a mutual company. I fly for one. PM me if you wish, they are pilot friendly.

I'd be wary of buying any life insurance from a company that is public now. Some 12 or so are trying to get tarp money. Stick with a mutual company. I fly for one. PM me if you wish, they are pilot friendly.

You have no idea what you're talking about, sorry.

Insurance companies and mutual fund companies are regulated separately. Insurance companies must contribute to state guarantee funds - if the insurance company goes insolvent, the state pics up the tab to guarantee funds available for claims. Mutual fund companies do not. If the mutual fund makes bad decision, you as a shareholder are out of luck. In addition, credit rating agencies look at factors affecting credit worthiness for insurance companies, hence ability to pay claims. These ratings are reliable. Mutual fund companies have morningstar, a backend payout system which is rarely accurate nor reliable and has nothing to do with paying claims.

An insurance company and a mutual fund company are two totally separate types of businesses - one a contract, the other a gamble.

AZ T

Latest resources

Back