Tell your scariest/worst experience flying freight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flysher

You heard it folks. Lets hear about the time that you got the living Sh!t scared out of you, the time you stared the grim reaper in the face and won.

if his time is correct in his profile probably hasn't done much freight flying.

Took off out of Dubai enroute to Bombay(mumbai)...leveled off and realized they did not put catering on board..declared an emergency and went back to get it..doesn't get much worse than that! hopefully...

Flew a dead guy from Govenor's Harbor to Nassau in a light twin.

Pretty freaky.

Eeeeeech.

320AV8R

Sweet Jeebuz! No catering??

Any story of mine would date back to the dawn of time (California Air Charter, the precursor of Ameriflight). And I'm not totally sure the statute of limitations ever expires on attempted suicide ... homicide ... homicide/suicide. Whatever.

But, you know -- good times.

Last edited:
Yup your correct no cargo flying on my side, although Im in Airnet's hiring pool so that won't be for long :-D

I was just hoping to start a thread with a buncha good stories sorta like the poop thread

Flysher, there are some fine stories buried in the posts of the "You Know You're a Freight Dog ..." thread.

My two years at Air Tahoma...... J/K ;-)

Although flying a 1956 vintage turbine Convair across the South China Sea might sound scary to most, I had a blast doing it! I wouldn't do it again at the same pay rate, thats for sure!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back