• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tell me it's not true!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Kind of like telling the NWA 747 guys in the Crew Customs line, "we just got in from London on the 340."
...............London, ON in the Saab 340. That's humorous.

I've done that one myself! But I can't hold a straight face and I always have to fess up.

MM

Kind of like telling the NWA 747 guys in the Crew Customs line, "we just got in from London on the 340."
...............London, ON in the Saab 340. That's humorous. What's not is the d0uche bag XJ "9" FO who had his bars on backwards in MSP last week. I never would have believed it until I actually saw it with my own eyes. It was truly a sad, sad day.
I apologize on behalf of the majority of the professional pilots at Mesaba. These FOs are few and far between. It's just unfortunate that the interview process failed and these tools sliped through the cracks and are tainting a well respected pilot group.

In that case did you mention anything to him/her?

Haven't seen the epaulet thing just yet, but have heard some of the youngsters refer to the -900 as the "9." I have been quick to correct them as we all know there is only one "9." Trust me boys, the older fellows at XJ are doing our part to keep any cocky newbies in check.

You know, as I've thought about this more and more, it has really struck me as rediculous--not rediculous that someone would refer to the -900 as the "9," but rediculous that someone would throw a tantrum because someone else did. Could it be possible that those "youngsters" are just looking for an easy one to two syllable response when asked what type of airplane they are flying? As in the "2," the "7", the "9"... I'm pretty sure they aren't trying to purport themselves as DC-7 pilots when they answer with the "7." In context, it makes perfect sense to answer with the "9."

So just relax, guys. It isn't an affront to you... even though you guys take everything that way.

It basically seems that this whole thread is a result of someone waking up one day and thinking, "I need to get a hair up my arse about something, but what? Oh, that "9" FO will do nicely."

-Goose

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back