• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Telex vs Sennheiser for the CRJ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe that marvgolden still offers a solid discount if you are part of ALPA-just give them your membership number when ordering-at least that was the case for me when ordering in January.

how does the Sennheiser compare to the Telex 450 w/ 9volt battery ANR?

The 850 works well in the CRJ....and has a little ANR, which doesn't require batteries. I got mine at www.marvgolden.com. I've seen a lot of people use the quiet comfot bose with the conversion too.

FYI...

The Quiet Comfort Bose headset with the mic conversion/adapter is not FAA/PMA appproved and has not obtained an FAA TSO number. The Feds are aware that pilots are using them and have put the word out to Bose and to the guy who is selling the mic adapter.

I'm working at RPA and they have told their crews via an Ops Bulletin that it is not to be used in the cockpit, because of potential legality issues and possible electronic (impedence) conflicts.

My two cents....Senhieser is the better headset.

T8

I thought the UFM setup had been recently TSO'd. I know the builder was posting updates here on Flightinfo recently about that process...

Guess I was mistaken; the process isn't complete yet. Here is a link to the thread...

Last edited:
Get the Senns and good camera quality rechargeable batteries (2700 mAh). The batteries will last a loooong time compared to regular batteries.

Latest resources

Back