Telex vs Sennheiser for the CRJ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyf15

Hey guys, looking for a new headset to use in the CRJ. Have a Telex 750 right now, I like it (size/weight/comfort-wise) but I want ANR / better noise cancelling and not something too expensive. Not interested in anything big (like a Bose) or anything in-ear. How does the Telex 850 compare with its Sennheiser counterparts? Are there any other headsets in this category besides Telex and Sennheiser? What would you all recommend? Where's a good place to get a good deal on them?

Thanks

The 850 works well in the CRJ....and has a little ANR, which doesn't require batteries. I got mine at www.marvgolden.com. I've seen a lot of people use the quiet comfot bose with the conversion too.

I tried the Telex 850 on the crj and took it back. I ended up going with the Sennheiser and love it. The 850 does not block enough noise for me.

Does it have an option to power the ANR without batteries? Like the telex 850??

They have one, but I was told by Sennheiser technician that it gets power a different way from the mic jack than the 850. The plane has to have a jack that is wired differently than most for it to work. He doubted if any airliners were wired this way.

yes, get the sennheiser.... much better than the telex 850. The sound quality and clarity on the 850 is nowhere near the battery powered sennheiser set on the previous post.

The Telex 850 has a muffled/muddy audio compared to the Sennheiser. The Telex mic seems to work better in the CRJ than the Sennheiser. I have both and prefer the Sennheisers, eventhough you have to carry spare batteries around.

Latest resources

Back