• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Telex 850 or Uflymike

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
never used the 850 but the uflymic is the most comfortable headset ive ever flown with.

850!

I love the 850! I use it in our King Air 350 and I've never had any problems!

I used the 850s for one trip and didn’t care for them at all.

My Bose got crushed and while they were in the shop I tried a new 850. I was hoping that I might actually like the 850s and start using them instead because they are so compact. The 850s are nothing close to the Bose in comfort or sound quality.

I used the 850 for 3yrs before switching to the uflymike. Hands down, 134%, bar none the uflymike is 900% better than the 850.

Those that tout the 850 have never worn the UFlyMike. SWA GAVE all pilots a Telex 850 and some guys, me included, won't even wear it. I'd rather have my Telex in-ear torture device over the 850. And the battery life on the UFly is great. One AAA battery lasts about 40 hours. That's 2 batteries a month.

I guess what I'm trying to say is - give the UFlyMike a try. You won't be sorry. I bought 2 of them. SWA has decided to disallow the UFly for our ops. I have a non TSO'd version I'd sell you for $100. That's half off. I'm keeping my other one just in case.

Gup

Those that tout the 850 have never worn the UFlyMike. SWA GAVE all pilots a Telex 850 and some guys, me included, won't even wear it. I'd rather have my Telex in-ear torture device over the 850. And the battery life on the UFly is great. One AAA battery lasts about 40 hours. That's 2 batteries a month.

I guess what I'm trying to say is - give the UFlyMike a try. You won't be sorry. I bought 2 of them. SWA has decided to disallow the UFly for our ops. I have a non TSO'd version I'd sell you for $100. That's half off. I'm keeping my other one just in case.

Gup

Not wanting to hijack thread, Guppy, but what was the outcome? Can y'all use the UFly?

Lots of people swear by the UFlyMike. I guess Bose has a replacement for the QuietComfort2 that is even better.

Thanks for the input!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back