Telex 850 on the CRJ-200: issues

Abernathy

Truthiness
Total Time
Lots
Anyone else have this issue?

I keep the volume HI/LO set on LO because otherwise, the bells and chimes are blaring.

As a trade-off, when I talk on the radio and transmit, I can hardly hear my own voice at all. Over the intercom talking to the CA, I can usually hear my voice OK.

Is there a simple fix to this?

JettBoii

Wear the orange and yellow earplugs. They drown out the white noise and soften the cockpit tones. You will also be able to leave the headset on high as well as hear yourself talk to ATC and the guy in the left seat. I have tried it the other way and the earplugs definitely make it much better.

Good Luck

hydroflyer

Total Time
1+
The simplest fix is to buy a headset that isn't a piece of crap.
How about not using a good headset in a piece of crap airplane.

Raskal

big member, little pay
Total Time
*sigh*
I guess the other question is why is there such an obsession with side-tone (hearing your own voice)? On panels that had a control for it I used to turn it off, is there some reason you feel the need to hear yourself?

SSDD

Total Time
So you can lower your voice and sound like an 80 year old smoker.

Salukipilot4590

IS WE ON TV?
Total Time
I guess the other question is why is there such an obsession with side-tone (hearing your own voice)? On panels that had a control for it I used to turn it off, is there some reason you feel the need to hear yourself?
The same reason there are monitors at rock concerts. If I cant hear my own voice I totally lose track of what I'm saying. Also when it comes to singing if I cant hear myself through the monitor I'll be out of key/tune.

MEOW!

OCP

Total Time
eh...
I don't have that problem at all with my 850s.

mtsupilot376

happy to be alive
Total Time
No problem here I love mine. I keep com 1 around 45 past top dead center and INT about that as well. No issues what so ever.

flyboyike

Urban Legend/Rural Myth
Total Time
The only problem I've had with the 850 is that I left it on an airplane, and the guy I saw get on the airplane then claimed not to have seen it.

He since got furloughed, so I guess that's justice.

Stifler's Mom

MILF...MILF...MILF
Total Time
Anyone else have this issue?

I keep the volume HI/LO set on LO because otherwise, the bells and chimes are blaring.

As a trade-off, when I talk on the radio and transmit, I can hardly hear my own voice at all. Over the intercom talking to the CA, I can usually hear my voice OK.

Is there a simple fix to this?
How new is your headset? If you just bought it, maybe there is a defect in it? I have a pair and they work fine.

Total Time
The only problem I've had with the 850 is that I left it on an airplane, and the guy I saw get on the airplane then claimed not to have seen it.

Someone stole your headset? That is fvcked up. No other word for it. Good riddance.

Amish RakeFight

Registered Loser
Total Time

When something gets ganked, check EBay.

Rekks Inbound

Total Time
Plenty
Been flying an 850 for the last several years, no issues at all. Sounds like an issue with the unit, as some others have said.

Peace.

Rekks

samballs

Total Time

Was he wearing a Mesa uniform and have an I-pod in his hands?

flyboyike

Urban Legend/Rural Myth
Total Time
Was he wearing a Mesa uniform and have an I-pod in his hands?
No, this was actually one of our pilots. He's at another regional now, not Mesa oddly enough.

flyboyike

Urban Legend/Rural Myth
Total Time
Someone stole your headset? That is fvcked up. No other word for it. Good riddance.
Concur, good riddance for sure. Especially considering the guy lied to my face about it.