• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Chris9702l said:
No one has mentioned the Sennheisers!

I did -- just a few posts before yours.

The best thing for a Mo-fo to do is try out a number of headsets and then make a decision based on your experience. Some people swear by headsets I can't stand. Whatever works for you is best. I happen to like my Sennheisers very much. Even with dead batteries, it works great in the CRJ. In my opinion, you really need a bit of ear cup to cut out the wind (and recirc and display fans on the 700 sound like a tornado!!) noise.

This new Lightspeed headset looks kinda cool, and I bet it will block out all the barbie jet wind noise. I'm not sure if they are actually available yet so I guess the jury is still out. I think the best thing about it, is the built in secondary audio input for your MP3 player...

http://www.anrheadsets.com/products-mach1.asp

propjockey said:
I did -- just a few posts before yours.

The best thing for a Mo-fo to do is try out a number of headsets and then make a decision based on your experience. Some people swear by headsets I can't stand. Whatever works for you is best. I happen to like my Sennheisers very much. Even with dead batteries, it works great in the CRJ. In my opinion, you really need a bit of ear cup to cut out the wind (and recirc and display fans on the 700 sound like a tornado!!) noise.

True, true!! This Mo-Fo has tried almost every headset around. The Sennheiser HMEC 25's work great without the batteries, but alas they squeeze the noggin after awhile. Tried the Telex 750's with earplugs and it wasn't too bad, but I was on the quest to find something better. So then I tried the Telex 850 and liked the comfort. It cut out enough noise for me, but the sound quality sucked (may have been that set). Returned those and pulled out the custom ear molds with a Telex 5X5 and found a winner. I have some of those pleather things laying around so I'm going to give that a try in my next trip.

The part # from Radio Shack is 43-2004 and they all are on clearance now for $1.61 for the ear cushion & mic screen. Buy 2 of them for $3.22. They are getting rid of them so they are kind of hard to find. I'll see tomorrow if they work.

Latest resources

Back