• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

telex 750 question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I always take two in case one breaks, even though I don't use the airman 750 much right now. They're a good backup. Any little case will work that you can find to fit it. The little round CD cases, with the clear plastic pages cut out, fit perfectly, as do some of the ipod type cases. A few bucks at Walmart.

I can't pick up extra headsets where I am presently, and I needed a couple of spares before I left home...I grabbed to off ebay, new, for about a hundred bucks each.

I bought a TELEX vinyl headset bag which does the trick, albeit expensively. It set me back 20 bucks! I fly the EMB145 and I find that with the 750 the cockpit is noisy, esp when cruising at low altitudes on short flights with IAS over 300. A simple pair of snug fitting earplugs fixed the problem and now theyre great

I only put on the DCs when I do the walk-around, otherwise I always order my starbucks sporting my 750's!

Ebay is definately the way to buy, I got mine new for 115

Go to the school supply section at your local store and buy a small $0.99 plastic pencil box, fits perfect.

My telex 750 is for sale. Used approx. 1 year. I replaced it recently with a Telex 850 which works a little better for me in the Q 400. It is in perfect condition but missing the foam over the mouthpiece which I am sure you would want to replace anyway for sanitary reasons.

$75.00 plus shipping, any interest? If so, PM me to work out details.

Thx,

Alert Height

Go to Office Depot and get a blue bank teller money zip bag(not sure of the official term). 2 years running, haven't had a problem yet.

The long tupperware like containers do a nice job protecting the 750/850. Fits perfectly. The plastic on those two headsets is extremely thin.

RF

Latest resources

Back