• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Tel Aviv

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IMHO pickins are slim but if work dictates a visit to such a rather dirty place.....my limited experience says...

1. Hilton - good location on beach near marina, in nicer area.

2. Intercontinental David - nicer hotel but in south part of town, not a good area. across the street from the beach, and from a large bombed out nightclub that was infamous for the killing of 100 (?) in a car bombing a few years back..rather creepy.

3. Hotel Dan - in desperate need of a renovation but OK location beachside. Good restaurant attatched to the Dan, I forget the name.

4. Renaissance. old also, needs renovation (as of about 9 months ago)

If extended stay, break up Tel Aviv and spend a few nights in Jerusalem at the King David Hotel. very nice. If you do a day tour of Jerusalem I highly suggest a visit to the Wailing wall and lunch at the King David. The rest is pretty lame IMHO.

Nightlife on the beach in Tel Aviv is great. More hot chiks than you can shake yer old pecker at! Party goes on all night. These folks have stamina.

Best advice given by our security: sit inward at least 3 tables from the street at restaurants. (gee thanks.....)

Bring your backup passport, or if you only have one, ask them not to stamp it, but to stamp a seperate piece of paper and clip it in yours to discard after you leave. They understand. Be prepared to answer questions if your passport has visits to Jordan, Saudi, etc..in it. No big deal just policy I suppose.

:rolleyes:

have fun!

Last edited:
I'll ditto what Gulfstream told you about Tel Aviv. I think it was the Hotel Dan that I stayed at that was nice but not as nice as expected.

Walking by that bombed out night club was very creepy!

I'll call and try to fill you in with more info. I have some other stuff that I need to talk to you about.

CB

I have a friend that worked at the US embasy in Saudi. My understanding was it was standard practice in Israel to remove the page with their stamp on it regardless. If something slips and you try to get into any other middle eastern country(except Egypt) with the Israeli stamp in your passport, your passport WILL be confiscated and you WILL be held. Other than that, enjoy Israel and try not to get killed ;)

Greetings (USA/Israel)

My name is Mark. Have just turned 24 years old. I currently have FAA Comm: ASEL&AMEL Instrument with CFI: SE. My total time is 1195 with 120 MEL. I am an american born and raised. My mother is from Israel and I have been back many of times and may even go this summer again. Feel free to contact me for hotels and places of interest and or food! [email protected] If your staying in Jerusalem suggest the DAN KING DAVID or Eastern Jerusalem on Mt. Scopus the REGENCY Hotel LTD.

Mark

If you want to stay on the beach, try the Sheraton or Crowne Plaza, both on Hayarkon Street very close to the US Embassy. They both have web sites.

Pilot754, best of luck! I have never been to Isreal, but would love to go. My dream someday for a trip. I'm half Jewish on father's side of the family. Christian on my mother's side. My x husband also Half like me, and my son, is a combination. Also you may contact this email at [email protected] if you have any questions.

Good luck!

TWA said:
I have a friend that worked at the US embasy in Saudi. My understanding was it was standard practice in Israel to remove the page with their stamp on it regardless. If something slips and you try to get into any other middle eastern country(except Egypt) with the Israeli stamp in your passport, your passport WILL be confiscated and you WILL be held. Other than that, enjoy Israel and try not to get killed ;)
There are some who this could be an issue for. If it is, you can get a second passport. You can use one for Israeli trips and the other for other middle eastern States.

'Sled

Just ask them not to stamp your passport in Customs, they have never given it a second thought when I request it.

BTW: I don't think removing a page from your passport would be the smartest thing to do, they are numbered to help detect tampering you may find that US Customs starts asking a few questions when someone notices this.

Latest resources

Back