• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ted Stevens-Age 65 Champion-Hero to Zero

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looking forward to the day Bring up the Bird is busted down to FO and realizes what age 65 did to his career. Till then he just thinks he is so smart.

Looking forward to the day Bring up the Bird is busted down to FO and realizes what age 65 did to his career. Till then he just thinks he is so smart.

Well you have less than 3 months to wait, but I can think of alot better things to look forward to. There's plenty of things I can blame my situation on if I was interested in doing that. Age 65 is way down the list.

Grump: What is on your list?

Do you see how the math of 'another 5 years' doesn't add up?
regards
wave

Well...the good part is if you live in Alaska, you can vote against him in November...if you don't live in Alaska, then maybe you can send his opponent a campaign contribution.

But ( and this is the best part) where you can really get back at the ones who made Age 65 happen....you can vote against your congressman in November...and your Senators ( who voted "unanimous consent" on age 65).

And to make it really sting...write them a letter explaining why you will not be supporting them in November...then follow it up with a phone call to their office.

you could even work for or contribute to their opponents campaigns.

They'll just tell you they did what the pilot union wanted done. (you're not in ALPA, wouldn't get it) The results of the vote on this issue were a foregone conclusion the instant the exact issue was sponsored outside the larger transportaion bill. Wouldn't have mattered who was doing the voting.

Folks: Don't listen to this guy. He just wants to keep you busy doing things that don't matter. While his type seeks to ambush fairminded effort.

You want to be hot at Stevens for something, try cargo cabotage. He's the guy that wrote, sponsored and passed the legislation that has Chinese freight haulers transhipping cargo through ANC.

Today its freight, tomorrow it'll be pax.

With the age 65 debacle, pilots like you showed oversight how to get anything done. Dangle a few dollars in front of you and you'll step aside and let the profession be ravaged.

Latest resources

Back