Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flya380

Hi folks,

The title is a joke but interview is coming soonand i need some help from you guys. These are the questions i don't have answer for:

1)which visibility rules ATIS or tower?
2) You are cleared to go below MSA what do you do?
3)How do you know if a runway is grooved or not?
4)What takes priority: visibility or RVR?
5)If you lose the glideslope and do the missed approach early how do you ecxecute it?

Thanks a lot for all of you who will help me on that

have a happy holiday all!!!!

I'll do my best to give references for these:

1. AIM 7-1-18
2. AIM 5-4-5(e)(2)
3. Check out the legend for the TERPs you use
4. Pilot/Controller Glossary under "VISIBILITY" (e), 91.175 (h), AIM 7-1-16 (h).....to make a long story short, if RVR is reported, it prevails over visibility for that particular runway. (For an operator with an air carrier cerificate, this is very important)
5. AIM 5-4-20 (b)

Hope this helps, good luck on the interview.

So it's a rainy day.

1) The pilot calls the flight visibility...that's what rules!
2) What?... I never go ABOVE MSA...that way you don't hafta worry about it.
3) If Jimmy Hendricks is in the background of the ATIS.
4) Refer to #1
5)...Lose the G/S?...Why would you do that?...Go missed early?...Why would you do that??

to drain the water away. A runway is only considered "wet" if it is shiny or there is standing water. Grooving means most runways can still remain dry in some rain.

mynameisjim said:
to drain the water away. A runway is only considered "wet" if it is shiny or there is standing water. Grooving means most runways can still remain dry in some rain.

Somebody needs to let the Canadians know about this grooved runway concept. Ate up over 8000 ft of runway a while back while landing after a rainstorm because the runway was not grooved and we hydroplaned and we didn't have reverse on that particular plane that day. You would think that places as big as Montreal or Ottawa would have grooves, but nope.

great cornholio said:
Somebody needs to let the Canadians know about this grooved runway concept. Ate up over 8000 ft of runway a while back while landing after a rainstorm because the runway was not grooved and we hydroplaned and we didn't have reverse on that particular plane that day. You would think that places as big as Montreal or Ottawa would have grooves, but nope.

Yep, that also probably was the last nail for Air France at Toronto with their A-340 overrun accident. I gather that DOT Canada thinks that snow plowing with grooved runways is a problem. But we do it all the time here in the US, no? :)

DC

Donsa320 said:
Yep, that also probably was the last nail for Air France at Toronto with their A-340 overrun accident. I gather that DOT Canada thinks that snow plowing with grooved runways is a problem. But we do it all the time here in the US, no? :)

DC

Those crazy canadians.

-mini

Latest resources

Back