Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

InstructorPuke

Jester's Dead!!
OK all you super brains. Technical question in an interview= how does one determine runway slope? No not on dispatch, or approach plates?:eek:

All help appreciated, I have no idea!!!

SLOPE

That's an easy one if you remember High School math.

It's rise over run.

Take the TDZE at the departure end minus the Approach end devided by the runway length.

ie Runway 6 tdze 650
r/w 24 tdze 600
6/24 length is 5750

Taking off R/W 24 650-600/5750= 50/5750=115= 1.15%UP HILL

The truth is this is a crude form of doing it. The AFM gives you slope that figures in "dips" or "humps" in runways.
The Jepp and NOAA (I know that's not the name) charts show TDZE for ea. R/W on the Airport Diagram. If NOAA and no AP diagram is shown you have to look at the approaches to the opposite ends. If only 1 approach serves that AP you have to go to Jepps or the AFD.

Now was that so hard??

Bigger question: I weigh 2000lbs and Vref is 115 I burn off 125lbs what is my new Vref?

Refer you to....

Hey Instructor.

I would like to refer you to your thread over in the Fractionals area regarding the same question. There are some answers over there for you too.

Just a friendly reminder, sir.

:eek:

Slope

:p

What is a slope?

I tried to read that thread and it looks like the answer was given over there, but a little scuffle broke out. Wow...some people have bad attitudes.

Hey Puke...what happened? You didnt like his answer? Guess not if you had to ask the question over here. Seems like Turbanhead is now LRJetpilot.

Turbans answer

No it wasnt that I didnt like his answer, it was the fact that he felt it necessary to belittle me on the board. Since then, if you would notice, he has reedited his post removing most of the nasty **** that he said. Also, as you can read from the other posters over there, he was coming across as an ass.

peace out
ip

So, do you have an idea now?

Instructor puke said:

OK all you super brains. Technical question in an interview= how does one determine runway slope? No not on dispatch, or approach plates?

All help appreciated, I have no idea!!!

#$%%^^^%%$###$#

Do you have any idea now?

By the way, are you a multi engine instructor? I need my multi.

Latest resources

Back