Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FlyFlyFly

Registered Offender
Any outdoor activities someone can advise me on?

Fishing, Hiking and Scuba are the favored ones. Any experiences anyone has there would be appreciated.

As well, any watchouts in terms of customs, FBOs, places to avoid, etc. appreciated as well.

Bridgetown is a no brainer. The people at IAM will take care of everything for you operationally.
As for the town, well as with any other island you should avoid the "off the beaten path" areas, especially at night. Not that i've ever had a problem but juts to be safe.............
I would recommend staying at the Hilton, its pricey but most of the other hotels there are locally owned and can be pretty lame, the Hilton should be able to hook you up with any and all outdoor activities. Now if you can swing the high dollar west coast places then thats an entirely different story but thats where the pax usually go.
You'll probably want to go over to the St. Lawrence Gap for dinner/drinking and it'll be about a $10 cab ride each way. All in all, not a bad place to spend a couple days but not my favorite island either.

I second the Hilton idea. Brand new and very nice. All non motorized ocean activities included! Have fun.

Spent 5 days at the Hilton, awesome! Go dive in Carlyle Bay, 3 wrecks within snorkel range. Also try the fish sandwich/Banks Beer down the street in the yellow wood hut! Another winner in my book.

Barbados golf club is ~$108 US. Good course in the sense of Carribean golf that is affordable. Have a blast.
TXGold

Latest resources

Back