TaxiJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
viper548 said:
I'd rather put my money into Sirius satellite radio stock (SIRI) When they get Howard Stern next year I bet the stock will take off.

Honestly I hope you are joking. If you look at Sirius' balance sheet you will see that they are in a world of hurt. There is no way in heck that Sirius is going to make up the $500 Million they are paying to ol Hoo Hoo.

Hoo Hoo Howard would have gone to XM but they were way too smart to pay half a billion for that jacka$$

Sirius is in a world of hurt right now. Stern has a huge following that will subscribe. His show will likely get better since he wont have the FCC on his a$$. Just watch. I still think it's a better bet than dumping money into Eclipse Jets. With fuel as high as it is, these things will have a really high cost to operate.

Typical Stern show:
1. Hot skanky chick (nothing wrong so far)
2. "Are you a lesbian?"
3. "Were you molested?"
4. "Do you take it in the a$$?"
Next guest..........

viper548 said:
Sirius is in a world of hurt right now. Stern has a huge following that will subscribe. His show will likely get better since he wont have the FCC on his a$$. Just watch. I still think it's a better bet than dumping money into Eclipse Jets. With fuel as high as it is, these things will have a really high cost to operate.

Stern has lost alot of his "huge" following. He has become a parody of himself and something that he railed against in his early years. If this were the early 1990's then maybe Stern going to Sirius would be a big deal. Right now Sirius is betting the whole farm that Stern will pay off. It aint going to happen.

Sirius keeps making very very very stupid decisions. They are behind XM in about every category. From technology of equipment, to programming, to vision.

Whatever the case no on-air talent is worth $500 Million.

viper548 said:
They made a good decision getting the NFL. I agree, they paid too much for stern.

Actually I think it was a terrible decision. When are most NFL football games played? Answer: All day Sunday and Monday night.

When are over 90% of Americans NOT working. Answer: All day Sunday and Monday night.

Why would you listen to a NFL game when you could watch it on TV? If you are a die hard NFL fan you most likely watch your team on local TV OR you subscribe to something like DirecTV's Sunday Ticket where you get all games televised.

Once again Sirius screwed the pooch and paid too much for something of very little consumer value.

ANYWAYS, the point is I think it's a bad idea to go dumping money into an eclipse jet hoping to sell it for more a couple months later.

viper548 said:
ANYWAYS, the point is I think it's a bad idea to go dumping money into an eclipse jet hoping to sell it for more a couple months later.

That we can agree on. You are 100% correct. A fool and their money are soon departed.

I agree that it is a bad idea to “go dumping money into an Eclipse jet hoping to sell it for more a couple months later.”

I also agree that a fool and his money are soon parted.

I had to ask myself why these statements were written on a thread entitled “Taxijet” because I have never suggested that anyone purchase an Eclipse 500 for the purpose of selling the position for a profit. The Taxijet idea is to facilitate the air taxi revolution, not to turn a few bucks in a speculative trade.

Perhaps you misunderstood my earlier post in which I wrote “Here is another Eclipse 500 position that sold in 14 days for a 475% Return on Investment.” What I was saying was that the position sold 14 days after it was listed for sale not that it sold 14 days after it was purchased. The position was probably purchased about two years before it was sold.

Just to clarify: I do not recommend purchasing a position in an Eclipse 500, or any other aircraft, for the purpose of selling it. I suggest that the sale would likely make a good return on investment in the event it became necessary to withdraw from the venture. Life events that may necessitate this sort of exit plan execution include: Loss of health, financial instability and failure to achieve certification in the aircraft.

Thank you for your comments they help me understand the concerns of other pilots so I can serve you better. I hope I addressed your concerns adequately.

Roger Burton
CEO-Taxijet
www.Taxijet.com

Mr. Burton:

Congratulations to you for following your vision. Let the nay-sayers toss their pennies into the conversation, they're the same folks who live paycheck to paycheck, depend on their J.O.B., have no financial plan, and no long-term vision of anything. You have airlines uniforms hanging up in your closet and have learned your lesson. They haven't and either will, or never will. In either case they'll continue to shoot from the hip on issues they neglect to investigate in depth. It's easy, fun, and creates drama on the board.

Now, on the flip side: Pilots are pilots - not businessmen. The investment is HUGE. The overhead is HUGE. The liability is HUGE. A massive number of factors exist that your average MBA can't grasp, much less your average pilot. Older pilots don't have time on their side & can't afford to put their family at risk by putting liens on the home, boat, and cars to finance a VLJ - that's just not a wise financial decsion. The younger ones, who have time on their side should it bust, don't have the cash.

I applaud your efforts. Keep it honest, underpromise and overdeleiver, and you'll prove the naysayers wrong. Just remember that any deal must be WIN-WIN-WIN: The client must win, the sales-guy must win, and the company must win - if any 1 party is losing on a deal, don't do it! Best Success - America was built with folks like you.

AZT

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back