Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

Perdiem update:
I used the average $52/58 per day perdiem numbers that XPOO showed me how to find. In my research I also found out you can deduct perdiem on an "out-and-back" (no overnight stay) if you're gone longer than 12 hours from your base.

My IRS allowable perdiem for the year was $5438. I received only $3323.43 from the company, so I was able to deduct a decent amount of perdiem.

Hope YOUR taxes go OK!
cliff
GRB

PS-I think the tax system stinks! People with illegal income pay nothing, and the richest people pay accounting firms a lot to hide their income, often blatantly illegally.

My 1st choice is to get rid of Federal Income Tax COMPLETELY and replace it either with a National VAT or Sales Tax. I would exempt food, clothing and medicine. No tax forms, a MUCH smaller IRS, and if you save your money, you pay no tax. All the illegal monies are taxed when the criminals buy stuff.

2nd choice is a FLAT tax of ALL income. By ALL income I mean ALL monies received. I would allow 1 deduction, of $5000 per person, so a family of 4 would pay no income tax on their first $20K. There would be no Estate Tax, because when you received money in an estate, it would be taxed as income. No bullcrap offshore money hiding, or any of those actually legal deductions that are made up by Congress to shelter their rich friends.

The Flat Tax has been working phenomenally well in the former Eastern Block countries. It's simple, easy to understand, and the working folks like myself don't feel like the rich are ripping them off.

How about meals during training if your company does not provide you with per diem before your checkride. Either with reciepts or with the 52.00 a day allowance?

Thanks

A lot of great info here, and thanks to all. Another question, just looking for a general answer. I'm a first-year FO, ballpark of $20 grand in 06. At that low income level, is it even worth it to itemize? I don't have mortage payments or students loans, or anything else to itemize. If anyone else in a similar situation has done the numbers and found that it was, or was not a good idea to itemize I'd appreciate it.

A lot of great info here, and thanks to all. Another question, just looking for a general answer. I'm a first-year FO, ballpark of $20 grand in 06. At that low income level, is it even worth it to itemize? I don't have mortage payments or students loans, or anything else to itemize. If anyone else in a similar situation has done the numbers and found that it was, or was not a good idea to itemize I'd appreciate it.

If you are single, no kids, the standard deduction is $5150. You'd have to have deductions that exceed that amount to make it worthwhile to itemize instead of taking the std deduction.

Latest resources

Back