• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Talking with the PAX at a Frac.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No this isn't an interview, it is an interview BOARD. I thought I would throw out some helpful interview tips since this thread jarred my memory that this has been used before. Not trying to be the reg police or anything, relax.

My husband cites the greater pax interaction as one of his reasons for preferring frac flying. It certainly adds variety to the job. Most of the experiences are pleasant. The times he grumbles the most are when parents allow their kids to trash the plane without a single thought to who winds up cleaning the mess they leave behind. Be prepared for that, as well. Setting out the catering and getting that first drink is the easy part. Should you be thanked with a monetary gesture of appreciation, realize that it is for services above and beyond your duties as a pilot, and pocket it with a smile.

netjetwife said:
Should you be thanked with a monetary gesture of appreciation, realize that it is for services above and beyond your duties as a pilot, and pocket it with a smile.

edited for crudity.

Last edited by a moderator:
And your point is?

I don't know where that trashy remark came from, but it had nothing to do with the subject. I was merely trying to pass on information. The FOs at NJA that serve on planes without FAs are sometimes tipped. It is reasonable to think that it has something to do with how well the needs of the pax are met. Many people appreciate a strong work ethic and individual attention. As my husband would be the first to say, it's not just the money, it's also the show of appreciation and respect that adds to the satisfaction of knowing you've done a good job. I don't think the FOs are paid what they deserve. Any tips that come their way have been earned and no one should feel bad about accepting them. Obviously, Dork, my posts are on a higher level than you are interested in. I suggest that you put your internet time to better use by visiting a website more in line with your train of thought.

niteflyr said:
No this isn't an interview, it is an interview BOARD. I thought I would throw out some helpful interview tips since this thread jarred my memory that this has been used before. Not trying to be the reg police or anything, relax.

*deep breaths, deeeep breaths* Ok i'm relaxed. Just another episode...

good answer Netwife! And im in favor of tips, specially like you said, if ypu do some stuff besides the pilot stuff, and youre offered a tip, of course ill take it!

its very interesting to see the wife of a pilot so interested in his job that you look for forums like this and become a member, thats really neat

Just had an owner last week at flops ask me how things were going. After some chit chat he commented, "you guys really need a union here." He's the one who brought it up. I couldn't agree with him more.

netwife,

Have you considered investing in a soapbox and buying some time on TV on Sunday mornings?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back