Talking with the PAX at a Frac.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Plug

Just kind of curious as to what experiences frac folks have with customers, especially on airplanes with no FA where the FO is sport'in the drinks and catering to the customer's needs.

Thanks

The FO's don't "sport drinks". The crew does not go back to do a meal and/or beverage service. They may get something for the pax before leaving the ramp, but that's the extent of it. If there is catering on board, the pax help themselves, along with refreshments during flight.

These customers are very easy to talk to for the most part, contrary to what some that have never been in this business might have you believe.

X

I would say the pax serve me more then I serve them. In flight most pax will ask if you want coffee. Most crews and pax prefer to stay seperate. The pax don't want you bothering them. After the safety briefing I ask if I can get them coffee or water. Usually they say no. The next time I see them is opening the cabin door to let them out. Sometimes they ask where something is or how to turn on the DVD but that's it.

pax in the bac

Had these 7 divorced women in the back of my hawker once going to Santa Barbara,Ca. I think I was the PERFECT host on that flight.

I'd agree with most of the posts so far that 90% of the time thats the way it is. On the other hand i have had the needy pax as well that have had the FO back heating and serving meals, placing them on their tables, mixing them liquor drinks etc. Its rare but be prepared to do whatever they require as long as safety permits

A certain FAR comes to mind about crews leaving their station...

Have heard this was used in an interview before as a "what if" for those heading that way. #1 rule in the interview=Safety first, customer service a very close 2nd.

niteflyr said:
A certain FAR comes to mind about crews leaving their station...

Have heard this was used in an interview before as a "what if" for those heading that way. #1 rule in the interview=Safety first, customer service a very close 2nd.

Like i said, not the norm, but if you are cruising along at 410 with the autopilot on and you have elderly or disabled passengers who want a drink of water, i would hate to think that any one of us would not go back and serve them. Just my opinion.

Hey....above FL350...one leaves the other breathes. Part 91 and 91K of course. That's the only restriction while in cruise flight.

Part 135----then its FL250 to wear the mask.

Wow, the guy wanted to know if we ever serve pax, not every FAR ever printed. Just trying to be realistic with him. There are times that we go to the back for passengers. Period. This isn't an interview.

edit...To his credit, DO 82 might actually be agreeing with me, just saying that their is a procedure to leaving the cockpit.

p3hawk said:
Had these 7 divorced women in the back of my hawker once going to Santa Barbara,Ca. I think I was the PERFECT host on that flight.

Aren't you that bastard that c*#k blocked me with those chicks?! :D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back