• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Takeoff Mins/Pinnacle Ops Specs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This thread is driving me to drink. Guys, your op specs are controlling, however they do not authorize you to lower your T/O mins below what is published. If you think they do, please post your airline so that I know which one's to never let my family fly on again.

Jepps are not controlling. Your Op Specs are. Another example of this would be using the 1800 RVR for a CAT I approach. On most Jepp plates you'll see 1800 RVR listed for full and if TDZ lights inop 2400. Read your op specs. If the lowest published is 1800 RVR for that approach you can still use that as a min even though the TDZ lights are inop.

Now they needed two RVR reports for the 1000 to be legal. If they didn't have that then they were wrong.

I can't believe this many people don't understand their op spec's.

By the way for all the CRJ drivers that use the 1800 RVR Cat I mins you must have a HUD, AP with an approach coupler, or a FD. If you think the CRJ has an AP with an approach coupler you are wrong.

Last I checked they all have a flight director. And some actually have a HUD as well i believe. Besides that, notice the word OR? Only one of the three is needed to reduce to 1800 RVR if the chart so notes.

The amount of stupid I've seen in this thread is astounding. The CRJ not having an approach coupler? Um... LOC/GS active. That would be "coupled."

For the sake of your license and safety of your pax... please listen to what jehtplane is saying.

Last I checked they all have a flight director. And some actually have a HUD as well i believe. Besides that, notice the word OR? Only one of the three is needed to reduce to 1800 RVR if the chart so notes.

I know that.

By the way for all the CRJ drivers that use the 1800 RVR Cat I mins you must have a HUD, AP with an approach coupler, or a FD. If you think the CRJ has an AP with an approach coupler you are wrong.

The amount of stupid I've seen in this thread is astounding. The CRJ not having an approach coupler? Um... LOC/GS active. That would be "coupled."

For the sake of your license and safety of your pax... please listen to what jehtplane is saying.

The AP is not coupled to the approach. The AP is coupled to the flight director. I was told an AP approach coupler is a completely different system found on older airplanes.

Flyingfool,

If I might ask in as civilized a way as possible, who do you work for and which part of the US do you fly in because if you think you're right on this, you're not and I'd like to stay as far away from you as I can.

This is absolutely frightening stuff.

Op Spec's C074

c. Reduced Landing Minima. The certificate holder is authorized precision CAT I landing minima as
low as 1800 RVR to approved runways without TDZ lights and/or CL lights, including runways with
installed but inoperative TDZ lights and/or CL lights.

What am I missing. How do you interpret this?

Latest resources

Back