Take care of yourselves out there...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SkyBoy1981 said:
Do you really mean that or are you just trying to pick up a chick? Sorry...I'm not really a tool...I just couldn't resist. :)

Maybe he was trying to do something nice to make someone's day.

User997 said:
I saw a gravestone one time of a guy who had committed suicide in his mid-thirties:

"The day came when the pain it took to stay, was greater then that pain it took to go."
Going is easy, staying and working things out is the hard part.

I figure there's only one excusable reason to commit suicide...the doctor told you 6 months ago that you have a cancer that there is no cure for and you'll be dead in a year and that the last 6 months of your life will be spent with your insides turning into jelly, with puking and crapping all over yourself and a pain so unbearable, that morphine will be on the house.

Maybe a semi-excusable reason, would be to avoid a lenghty federal prison sentence...especially if you're 50 ish. Who the heck wants to share a cell with the "bronco buster" at 55? And what kind of world would be waiting for you when you got out at 60 something? You'd have to sit your ten years patiently planing your future career of becoming a serial killer or something similar, just to break even before you hit social security age.

Relationships ending? Not an excuse...never. Yea, do it for the kids? Not.

Loss of a job? Nizzle, puhhhhhlease!

Don't like something you did when you got drunk last night? Nahhhh...not a good enough excuse.

Mental illness? Yea, you got a defense.

Financial loss? Not good enough reason...if you got time, you can recover. And if you're slick, you can always find a babe with a job.

DUI Ticket? Good gawd, face up to it, pay the fine and move on...LIFE GOES ON. A state trooper told me once, that he wrote a DUI to a cop and the cop shot himself while holding the pink copy in his hands. Yea, that'll show society.

I have no idea why the Comair captain decided to end it all...good luck to him/her.

Latest resources

Back