take a job with Frontier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bcp7

So - Frontier has at least one opening for an SOC Duty Manager. I have started the on-line application. With the current state of affairs, would you take the job? Currently working for Flexjet but would like to get back into Part 121 Operations.

So - Frontier has at least one opening for an SOC Duty Manager. I have started the on-line application. With the current state of affairs, would you take the job? Currently working for Flexjet but would like to get back into Part 121 Operations.

Are you CRAZY!!! With state of affairs with the airlines business. You want to leave a frac for an airline...I would SAY YES. Go for it!!!

In general, I'd say it's bad policy to leave a solid frax for a struggling airline.

In early June I was taking home my flight bag after every trip, cause I didn't want the hassle of breaking into the bag room after the doors were locked and my badge was deactivated. Things aren't that dire at the moment, but F9 still has some hurdles to clear. Interim DIP financing has been attained, but there is no exit financing lined up. Anybody got a spare 100 million or 2? With the capital markets fubar, it could be a long time coming. And don't count on the loyalty, after the bk filing Frontier ran a class of 6 pilots. 6. That's less than one percent of the pilot group. We could have flown all summer without them. About the time they finished IOE they had WARN act notices in hand.

I can't honestly remember if DX is unionized or not, or what class a SOC manager falls into, but if it's unrepresented, prepare to have your pay altered at will, without your consent, subject to the "needs" of the company. All that being said, it was a great company to work for before the filing, and pretty good since. If they'd stop screwing with us it could be great again.

I never could make it through the on-line app. After about 5 tries, I gave up. It would not store my employment information.

kill yourself

What fleet are you on? and why in do you want to make such move? or do currently have a problem at FLEX JET that may show you they way out the door and you want to quit before you are forced to?

working the Lear desk. No problem with Flexjet, after having been unemployed for 4 months and then joining a start-up that lasted 6 weeks, I am happy to be here. I just miss some of the bennies of being a Part 121 Dispatcher: travel benefits in general and j/s priviliges. If I can cherry pick another dx or ops management job for better pay, why not.

Latest resources

Back