Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JumpJetter

Basking in LUV!
it's been awhile since I've watched the NASA video, but listening to the NTSB and the fact that the stick pusher was activated, seems like even if the pilots reacted correctly, they would be fighting this pusher. No?

The pusher wouldn't come on with a tailplane stall. Tailplane stalls typically occur toward the maximum flap extension speed. The effects of flow seperation at the horizontal tail are mitigated with a reduction in airspeed.

it's been awhile since I've watched the NASA video, but listening to the NTSB and the fact that the stick pusher was activated, seems like even if the pilots reacted correctly, they would be fighting this pusher. No?

Hey, is that the video with the twin otter? If anyone has a link to this video, could you post it?

JeSUS, this lady has absolutely no business flying airplanes. Her decision to continue after this incident and her complete loss of composure and lack of awareness about the icing conditions are just incredible and hard to believe. I hope she either quit on her own or eventually got her ticket yanked by the FAA.

Latest resources

Back