• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Tailplane stall and the stick pusher

JumpJetter

Basking in LUV!
Total Time
it's been awhile since I've watched the NASA video, but listening to the NTSB and the fact that the stick pusher was activated, seems like even if the pilots reacted correctly, they would be fighting this pusher. No?

LowlyPropCapt

PBR For Life, and Beyond!
Total Time
8000+
The pusher wouldn't come on with a tailplane stall. Tailplane stalls typically occur toward the maximum flap extension speed. The effects of flow seperation at the horizontal tail are mitigated with a reduction in airspeed.

big pimpn'

Total Time
11000+
it's been awhile since I've watched the NASA video, but listening to the NTSB and the fact that the stick pusher was activated, seems like even if the pilots reacted correctly, they would be fighting this pusher. No?

Hey, is that the video with the twin otter? If anyone has a link to this video, could you post it?

-FlyAuburn-

Total Time

JeSUS, this lady has absolutely no business flying airplanes. Her decision to continue after this incident and her complete loss of composure and lack of awareness about the icing conditions are just incredible and hard to believe. I hope she either quit on her own or eventually got her ticket yanked by the FAA.