• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TA pay vs. FA pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In fact, the fractional model is changing. The Card programs are all the buzz. NJA started it and all the others are following.

Customers like it, especially with the changing tax laws that will proscribe the owner for deducting pleasure travel in a private aircraft. No more tax breaks for pleasure travel to KASE. No need to buy a share of an aircraft and wonder about residual values with a large number of used acft on the market and the ability to spread the card purchase over a variety of acft allows more flexability for a somewhat fixed price.

With the advent of the card programs, the fractional providers are moving to Pre-Paid On Demand Charter and that's fine. To continue to compete, the companies must responed to a changing economic paradigm by changing their paradigm.

Changing model

Grim -- the model is not changing but expanding. The cards make sense for those who either do not want a multi-year commitment or who plan to fly less than 50 hours per year (there may also be other reasons). If you plan to fly at least 50 hours per year and anticipate the need for several years, the cards are very expensive when compared to actual fractional ownership.

With regard to WB's successor, keep in mind that while he has not announced one, he has dropped many hints in public over the past few years about RS and his abilities to BH beyond just NetJets. The consensus of Wall Street analysts who follow BH have RS and the leading successor.

Fly safe.

How do you feel about Marquis renting your aircraft?

As for RTS, if the Company is in such dire straights as they claimed in negotiations, wouldn't he bear the responsiblity for us being in that situation?

The Model Expanding / Changing. Ok, I'll go with that. Yes the cards are expensive, but, as you correctly state, there is great appeal to those who require less than 50 to 100 hours per year of acft services.

Question, how many owners need / use a fractional acft 50 hours or fewer per year? I do not know, but I suspect the number is sizeable.

Yes, I have heard that RTS is a possible to replace WB. I have also heard some other names thrown around.

As with everything in life, it is a situational issue. The NJA pilot labor contract situation will have an impact on RTS / NJA no matter which way the TA vote goes.

My dear old dead Grand Mother told me once, "Never let your first impression of someone be your last impression of that someone."

Lord Wakefield said:
Is it true that the F/Os still make less than the flight attendants? How about after their contract gets signed?
And the G-lV FAs are making more than the BBJ FAs.

I hate to say it but, what have the Teamsters done for us?
I asked a friend ( a flight attendant--not at NJA) about your question. Her response was that they do not in the beginning make more, but at the 6 yr point the Domestic FAs that work for the major airlines all make around the same or more than a 2yr FO at NJA---$27K-$32.5K The pay was based on 75 hours and does NOT include per diem.

Rather than asking "what have the Teamsters done for us?", instead we should look at what we've done for ourselves. A union is only as strong as its members, and, more critically, its leaders. Only when the members stand up and fight for themselves, and produce an MEC that has true leadership abilities, will they get a contract that is a true reflection of their contribution to the company's success. At 75% of the market share, the success of NJA is not in question. Their respect and treatment of the very pilots that have helped to build the business, clearly is!

Note: I am NOT claiming to be a member myself, but the wives are behind their husbands/members 100% in a fight that affects them directly and personally.

netjetwife said:
Note: I am NOT claiming to be a member myself, but the wives are behind their husbands/members 100% in a fight that affects them directly and personally.

That is what so few pilots understand. My wife has been more adversely impacted by the lousy contracts, job changes and layoffs than I have. You are right and entitled to step up and make your opinions on these issues known, NJW. Good luck, but remember, there is life after the TA.TC

netjetwife said:
I asked a friend ( a flight attendant--not at NJA) about your question. Her response was that they do not in the beginning make more, but at the 6 yr point the Domestic FAs that work for the major airlines all make around the same or more than a 2yr FO at NJA---$27K-$32.5K The pay was based on 75 hours and does NOT include per diem.

I don't think you need to go outside of NJA to make the comparison. I believe up to the 3rd year, F/As make more than F/Os (current contract or lack thereof)

But then F/As (ISRs) never came cheap nor paid for their training etc. It's much better not loving to fly or needing to to stay current.

Columbus Approach, CATFISH 824 is 'on board' at FL410

Latest resources

Back