• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

T-6s skimming on a lake

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I did it once in a Stearman. Not exactly the smartest thing I ever did. Of course, no one ever accused me of being brilliant either. :0

I have seen the pics but the video is much better. Me liiiikkkeeeee!

I have heard of numerous Cubs doing that on Lake Drummond in the Dismal Swamp. Never seen it done before though, looks like fun.

aucfi said:
I have heard of numerous Cubs doing that on Lake Drummond in the Dismal Swamp. Never seen it done before though, looks like fun.

Waterskiing in a Cub is a blast! Just keep up the speed.

The picture made it across the internet pretty fast over the past month. Now the video seems to be doing the same...

I predict some bonehead who just got his private ticket goes out and tries this and puts the plane in the water. Looks cool but if you don't know what you are doing this could be really dangerous. All it takes is for the tires to get about half way in the water before the plane starts flipping across the lake.

F9 Buff said:
The picture made it across the internet pretty fast over the past month. Now the video seems to be doing the same...

I predict some bonehead who just got his private ticket goes out and tries this and puts the plane in the water. Looks cool but if you don't know what you are doing this could be really dangerous. All it takes is for the tires to get about half way in the water before the plane starts flipping across the lake.

Like this one? :D

crash-proof said:

Just makes one want to cry!:crying: I would have rather seen the bozo put down the camera and wave like a freaking idiot trying to get the pilot's attention and hope for a go-around rather than "getting the shot!"

Latest resources

Back