T-38 IP currency Q's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
psysicx said:
So is there any difference between AD IP and a full time reservist? Or are the schedules the same?
1,303 posts...1,302 of them pointless random questions.That dude needs a hobby.

FastCargo said:
At Laughlin AFB when I was a reservist, we had a couple of non-USAF dudes who are now flying T-38 reserves.
By non-USAF dudes I asume you mean foreign nationals or what? What is exactly required to join your Reserve? Is a green card sufficient? ;o)

I wouldn't mind going back to Sheppard as a full time reserve in the IFF ;o) Bet the competition is tough though. I am currently flying F-16s in the Danish Air Force, but used to be an IFF IP at Sheppard 99-03

psysicx said:
So is there any difference between AD IP and a full time reservist? Or are the schedules the same?

No difference. Same uniform so must be the same schedule. Joining is easy. Just walk in and tell them you qualify because you're staying at a Holiday Inn Express.

signed,

The Random Answer Generator :cool:

Flying While Retired...

Huggyu2 said:
For those of you "in the know": do your T-38 units have any pilots that retired, and came back as part time reservists flying in the T-38?

I know this may sound like I'm smoking crack by asking this question, but please just humor me.

Huggy,

Yep, actually there is at least one at Laughlin AFB that I know of. He retired there sometime after his stint in active duty as the 87th FTS SQ/CC, then became a simulator instructor in the T-37 and flies as a T-38 IP. There are some special rules that apply...has to do with pay.

FastCargo

milflyboy said:
By non-USAF dudes I asume you mean foreign nationals or what? What is exactly required to join your Reserve? Is a green card sufficient? ;o)

I wouldn't mind going back to Sheppard as a full time reserve in the IFF ;o) Bet the competition is tough though. I am currently flying F-16s in the Danish Air Force, but used to be an IFF IP at Sheppard 99-03

Actually, assuming you're not being a smartass ( :p ), I'm talking about other US military forces pilots. At least one guy was a USN dude, the other one was a former US Marine Harrier pilot.

FastCargo

Latest resources

Back