T-38 incident?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mule said:
Why all of the "sts" comments? You aren't robots, you can refrain from using your fighter "cranium," "sts," etc. crap on a message board can't you?

Speaking of the "cranium" crap...what are some of the other stuff the fighter boys/girls (you do have a female T-bird wannabe now...so might as well include them) use...or don't use? We could start a whole thread that would go on and on....

Bring on the flames...sts...

Flamebait indeed...mule...you should have done better in pilot training. That way you would understand. The sts/cranium is working.....NICE!

mule said:
Why all of the "sts" comments? You aren't robots, you can refrain from using your fighter "cranium," "sts," etc. crap on a message board can't you?.

Yup...we can...but why would we?

Feeling left out of the club?

Why all of the "sts" comments? You aren't robots, you can refrain from using your fighter "cranium," "sts," etc. crap on a message board can't you?
It must be a joy sitting next to you in the cockpit. You do your thing, we'll do ours, and never the two shall meet. That is until you have to fly white jets, then you bite your lip and count the days until you can return.

Who were the pilots? Which Maj was it? I've prob flown with him.

IP in the back seat clearing out of the front of a -38? Cant see crap out of the front of a -38 from the back

Laxman said:
Cant see crap out of the front of a -38 from the back
I beg to differ. The 12 o'clock area is obviously limited, but with a little experience on how to get the right view, you can see all but about a 15 degree swath. The "standard briefing" about "not being able to clear between 10 and 2" is overblown. 10 to 2: that's a 120 degree area. Do folks really think they can't clear that entire area?

The newspaper says the IP's name is Montgomery.

I was refering to the 11-1 position where the helmet in front of you takes up the majority of the space, plus the mag compass. I sure dont have xray vision to see through a nugget for a small speck that turns into a small bird late game and goes down the intake. Seeing out of the sides is just fine.

Huggyu2 said:
More hearsay:
Apparently, he went down (sts) like a falling leaf, with no real control. Also, "it is said" that the battery (or something else heavy) remained attached forward of the firewall, and had it not remained, the aircraft's CG would have been so far aft that they would have not made it.

I think it was an checkride too at the time. The examiner basically push the examinee basically up to the windscreen to keep the CG as forward as possible.

But yeah, without that battery, could have ended up differently.

Huggyu2 said:
I beg to differ. The 12 o'clock area is obviously limited, but with a little experience on how to get the right view, you can see all but about a 15 degree swath. The "standard briefing" about "not being able to clear between 10 and 2" is overblown. 10 to 2: that's a 120 degree area. Do folks really think they can't clear that entire area?

Hey, when it's YOUR noggin in front, I can't see crap!

Nah...just kiddin! Hope you have a Merry Christmas. Just stopped by while I was on a layover in SMF, saw a few dudes I remember. Notice you guys are using GTOs now...very nice!

FastCargo

Sorry I missed you! Believe it or not, I got a TDY to go to the GM test track in Milford, MI two years ago to pick the new mobile. The GTO was a great choice, IMHO.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back