• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

T-34 Crash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What the hell is going on lately... bad luck streak? 18 in El Centro, T-39 from VT-86, now these guys? Never mind the T-34 that dead sticked a week or so ago and the T-45 crew that ejected back in like Dec, the 18 in Key West, etc. I think the CNO's 50% mishap reduction mandate is going down the tubes and in a hurry. Thoughts and prayers to the families. Everyone be safe out there.

Last edited:
SIG600 said:
What the hell is going on lately... bad luck streak? 18 in El Centro, T-39 from VT-86, now these guys? Never mind the T-34 that dead sticked a week or so ago and the T-45 crew that ejected back in like Dec, the 18 in Key West, etc. I think the CNO's 50% mishap reduction mandate is going down the tubes and in a hurry. Thoughts and prayers to the families. Everyone be safe out there.

Ditto. God bless and keep all involved.

I don't know about the Navy safety culture, but if the USAF had this bad of a year, we'd start getting PowerPoint-ed to death about all this. As for AETC, we've had a rash of small incidents lately...but nothing this serious.

Again, our hearts and prayers go out to all the crews/families involved.

I wouldn't be surprised to see something come down along those lines. Fleetwide Safety Standown day or something. Mishap reduction was going well last year to, a downhill trend. Guess the proverbial "sh!t happens" is taking effect. Not like anyone goes out trying to get hurt.

I wish they'd start putting seats in those things or replace'm all with T-6's. Nothing like crashing with a perfectly good chute strapped to your back because you didn't have time to bail out.

TankerDriver said:
I wish they'd start putting seats in those things or replace'm all with T-6's. Nothing like crashing with a perfectly good chute strapped to your back because you didn't have time to bail out.

Problem is they didn't put a beta range on the T-6A... thus you can't get it into the 3K' runways the Navy practices out of. Until the B comes along with anti skid... or something even better, the Turbo weenie is all we've got. As far as putting seats in a T-34... forgetaboutit. It'd never get off the ground.

Latest resources

Back