• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

T-28 first flight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But sofar as being unique and identifiable? Absolutely....I'd recognize that pop-pop-pop-pop anywhere!

The skies of South Texas haven't sounded the same since VT-27 retired their last Trojan.

They fixed that with the ground attack versions...Fennec (Desert Fox) and AT-28D (operated by a bunch called the Ravens... CIA)

Thank god...

Edit: Cool reading here if you've got some time to kill.

http://www.aircommandos.org/BobAndDon/

Last edited:
There was (is) a YAT-28 for sale in SoCal at an aircraft dealer's hangar a couple of years ago.....neede a LOT of work!

I'd be willing to bet that the YAT-28 was a real screamer with that T-prop hung on the front!!

The big problem would be the engine and gearbox with the YAT-28E.

The gearboxes were custom built and there were only a half dozen ever made.

Yikes....time to hit the T-28 boards. Glad the two inside got out. Not enough video to see if there was anything visibly wrong but an important note is that an R-1820 has a very unique sound. When running properly, especially at lower power settings, I could see it mistaken for sputtering by the non initiated.

A quick head scratcher: What the hell is doofus talking about at 1:50 in the video? Those aren't the runway illusions I remember learning or teaching. Or applicable at all to, well, anything.

Ravens by Christopher Robbins is a wonderful book that traces the history of the FAC program in Laos. It seems that a war run by LT.s and Capts. can be run quite efficently. There are also some really good Raven videos on the net showing both the L19 and the T28. Wonder what these guys could have done with a Skyraider to FAC in?

ka
They fixed that with the ground attack versions...Fennec (Desert Fox) and AT-28D (operated by a bunch called the Ravens... CIA)

Thank god...

Edit: Cool reading here if you've got some time to kill.

http://www.aircommandos.org/BobAndDon/

Latest resources

Back