• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Mike Ditka

Da Coach
145 vacancies.

41 787 IAH CA
94 787 IAH FO

10 777 NYC FO

Supposedly will involve recall of all furloughs and I believe the 15 recalls from the last bid are in addition to this.

Also says that all recall letters will be sent out following the close of this bid. Welcome back guys!!!

787 training to begin in March 2011 and also says it's still possible it will be a common type with the 777, but that it won't change the staffing (yea right).

I'm guessing, CAL???

Awesome news for the CAL furloughee, and some of the UAL furloughees possibly.

Nothing new, closed or downsized... or at least no significant sizing changes, maybe a couple people here or there. 19 retirements projected.

They pushed the effective date back to March 2012. Yes it's a recall but management is stringing it out 18 months. Not exactly blistering fast movement...

Navin

Big question I see now is how many of the 147 CAL furloughees and any of the 1400+ UAL guys will actually come back? When does UAL have it's next system bid and what are the odds that it would have any recalls on it?

They pushed the effective date back to March 2012. Yes it's a recall but management is stringing it out 18 months. Not exactly blistering fast movement...

Navin

I could be wrong but i read it as training for everyone will start by march 2011 but the 787 people might not get into the actual plane until the latest 2012. I assume the recalls will have to come back and be online prior to taking people offline to train on the 787 in march.

are you that ego-centric that you don't even feel the need to put the airline concerned in the title...geez.

Latest resources

Back