• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA wants all FAPA Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't know where this "interview" thing is coming from but I have not heard anything about this. Staple with pay protection...yes, interview...no

Our first press release talked about 'hiring' F9 employees on an as needed basis. not sure if that is realistic or possible or even desirable (versus taking all ala Morris) but I suspect that is where the 'interview' notion originates.

I hope they get stapled....if they do not want a pay raise and better benefits then screw them interview like the rest of us....Why do you think you are entiled to jumping 3000+ guys and get a 30-40% pay raise? Please answer that....Nobody here has made a valid argument why they should be blended into our senority.....DOH you are dreaming it is apples to oranges....GK does not want this place to be USAIR......if it is anything but a staple it will go that way fast.

I hope they get stapled....if they do not want a pay raise and better benefits then screw them interview like the rest of us....Why do you think you are entiled to jumping 3000+ guys and get a 30-40% pay raise? Please answer that....Nobody here has made a valid argument why they should be blended into our senority.....DOH you are dreaming it is apples to oranges....GK does not want this place to be USAIR......if it is anything but a staple it will go that way fast.

It depends, is SWA going to cancel codeshare with Volaris? If they do it might be worth a small percentage keeping their seat.

Fair? SWA is acquiring 40 airframes worth of lift, 80% of revenue of a 1.2 Billion dollar a year enterprise, and immediately owns denver (their biggest airport system-wide with this acquisition).

If emotion is removed from the equation, the #1 guy at F9 should be placed on the SWA list based upon his date of hire and the rest of the F9 list should be blended in at a ratio of 10 to 1. This preserves the upgrade of all current swa fo's, and everyone on the new list will experience the same "seniority" as they currently hold.

Oh yeah, this ratio will result in the furlough of 20% of F9's current list. They lose all seniority (no other SWA pilots to buffer the ratio).

If you are a current SWA pilot and have a problem with this, please opine.

I will be furloughed as a result of this transaction, and I still hope that SWA prevails.

I was told by 2 Frontier guys their #1 guy was fired by SWA. Any Frontier guys have any other information? Not that it matters, just curious.

Jim

Compass Airlines owns 36 jets, if we bought them where do you think we should put them. "40 airframes worth of lift" :laugh: We currently have 55 jets we just use as spares.:cool: Sit back and think of how your professional pilot career would change for the Frontier pilot, and how it would change for the Southwest pilot. Go ahead and sell me on how great a deal I am getting by this Frontier deal, then times it by 5935 :angryfire. Are both groups getting the same gain? I still don't see it, and owning Denver? Please. :rolleyes:

Compass flies RJ's, what is your point?

Do you really believe that you have 10% of your entire fleet just sitting around, ready to be used as "spares"?

Do you have any idea what your own company stated yesterday regarding international flying and the F9 acquisition.

This is all pretty important stuff.

I recommend that you contact one of your swapa reps, if swa wins the auction it will be very important for all swapa pilots to have accurate facts, and not just some information they read on a message board.

SWAPA, and SWA, have both stated as recently as yesterday during the conference call that FAPA pilots will be integrated according to the letter and spirit of the law. Integrated could actually include a staple, but no one is talking about interviewing for a position.

Hopefully SWA prevails and SWAPA and FAPA can come to a solution that meets the needs of both pilot groups.

Regardless, best of luck to you.

It depends, is SWA going to cancel codeshare with Volaris? If they do it might be worth a small percentage keeping their seat.

That could be a true statement. However, if SWA wants to take over international flying they will be doing it regardless if your union demands a staple or not. SWAP needs to do 2 things: If they are taking Lynx and there is a chance to keep them they need to make sure that SWA pilots fly them. This could be with different pay rates for the smaller aircraft but there needs to be strong wording to limit the Q400 to certain markets. The markets need to be mileage based to prevent them from ever replacing 737 flying with the cheaper Q400 flying. Forget the number of seats an aircraft has, just limit it to say 150 miles or less. That will stop them from ever replacing 737 flying with Q400 or anything else they decide to get. It doesn't have to be a certain number of aircraft if there is a limit on the miles between markets. I am sure there are a few markets that they fly to that would not be feasible for the 737. The second thing they need to do is stand up and show the members that a staple is the only way to go. They already know if that is legal or not. If it is not legal to demand that then tell the members so they can start preparing for it. Why keep them in limbo and allow them to think of the impossible. If it is legal then that is the only way to go.

Hopefully SWA prevails and SWAPA and FAPA can come to a solution that meets the needs of both pilot groups.

SWA knows that they MUST appease one group and that is SWAPA. We as F/O's just hammered a TA that would have increased our FO pay to your CA pay. If there is anything this FO group is unwilling to bend on it's SCOPE and the fact that our seniority protection IS priority one.

Integrated could actually include a staple, but no one is talking about interviewing for a position.

I would think from the discussions on the line and on other message boards that a "Staple" would be the best case scenario from a SWA pilots point of view. Most pilot opinions have expressed that this is NOT a merger but rather an acquisition. We are BUYING Frontiers assets, not joining two companies.

Don't limit the Q400- just make sure that SWAPA pilots fly it- that could be a lot of growth. A LOT.

Don't limit the Q400- just make sure that SWAPA pilots fly it- that could be a lot of growth. A LOT.

If you do not limit the Q400 then SWA could start replacing 737 flying with Q400 flying. Since the Q400 will most likely pay less it would be cheaper. The only way you can control the amount of Q400 or any other smaller aircraft is to have strong language limiting their use. I think the only way to limit their use is to limit the mileage they can fly. Once you get that included then you can also limit the number of aircraft and the number of seats. With all 3 under control SWAPA will not have to be concerned with the company replacing 737 flying with Q400's.

Latest resources

Back