• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA wants all FAPA Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BTW, if your feelings are indicative of the rest of FAPA, enjoy RAH.

spciii,
You are accusing a FAPA pilot of making these statements. Be careful not to throw people under the bus, as most of the anti-SWA posts are being made by annonymous poters that dont work for Frontier.

OK, everyone turn down your eyes, I'm about to do math in public.............His DOB is '52 so that means he'll be 60 in '12(don't carry those gozintas when you're sipherin).........so according to the guys who knew him at Morris, maybe he will comb his hair for once when he interviews!

Dick

He doesn't have any hair. Jokes on you.

The vast majority of F9 pilots have applications on file to be the junior SWA pilot.

QUESTIONS?

I find it interesting that when a deal with SWA and Frontier is talked about most seem to think that SWA will HAVE to integrate the Frontier pilots because it's in their contract or because of the McCaskill/Bond legislation. Yet not one person says the same thing when a deal with RAH and Frontier is talked about, why is that? I remember someone saying that, (paraphrasing somewhat) RAH promised that we'd be run seperately. Well what if RAH uses any of Frontiers assets, doesn't that require an integration then? And does anyone seriously believe that sort of "promise" anyways?

SLC
:cool:

The vast majority of F9 pilots have applications on file to be the junior SWA pilot.
QUESTIONS?

ivauir,

I don't know how many F9ers had applications at WN, but before you get on a pedistal, I'll guess that most Frontier pilots had applications in with every airline in the country (and around the world) last summer. Conventional Wisdom said that Frontier had no chance to survive. So sure, a lot of guys got started on a plan-B.

Since then, the company has pulled itself away from the verge of extinction and has actually thrived in large part due to the outstanding work of its pilots and staff. In fact F9 is the only profitable airline from both an operational and net basis so far this year. Its expensive to operate in BK, they are looking to shed that anchor and really move forward now. Frontier has an investor and is poised to grow, so the application arguement is weak at best and childish at worst. How many of the RAH list had applications in at F9 or WN?? It doesn't matter.

I find it interesting that when a deal with SWA and Frontier is talked about most seem to think that SWA will HAVE to integrate the Frontier pilots because it's in their contract or because of the McCaskill/Bond legislation. Yet not one person says the same thing when a deal with RAH and Frontier is talked about, why is that? I remember someone saying that, (paraphrasing somewhat) RAH promised that we'd be run seperately. Well what if RAH uses any of Frontiers assets, doesn't that require an integration then? And does anyone seriously believe that sort of "promise" anyways?

SLC
:cool:

It sounds as though Bedford really intends to keep them completely separate, but if he doesn't, then yes, the RAH scope language requires a seniority integration. In fact, the RAH scope language is so tight that Bedford will be required to purchase F9 with investor money that is separate from RAH, because if RAH purchases the company, the scope language requires an integration whether he wants to keep them separate or not.

ivauir,

Frontier has an investor and is poised to grow, so the application arguement is weak at best and childish at worst. How many of the RAH list had applications in at F9 or WN?? It doesn't matter.

Which investor is that?

What growth plans? WN actually has aircraft on order. That growth and the corresponding seniority progression should benefit current SWA pilots first.

It absolutely does matter. These are active applications BTW. These applications are an indicator of the relative desirability of a job at WN vs F9. There is no comparison in these career expectations. Sorry if it offends Cardinal's delicate sensibilities but the reality is that pilots at WN are in a better situation anyway you slice it. W2, growth, benefits. A fact recognized by at least 450 F9 pilots. Anything other than a staple will hurt the job security of SWA pilots, will delay upgrade for SWA pilots and would not pass the "fair and equitable" test.

Sorry F9 guys, you are more than welcome, but we're not interested in inheriting your instability and potential of furlough.

Can someone send me a private message for the counter phone number or office phone number for Frontier in DTW? I need to talk to the station manager there....

Latest resources

Back