Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA spending a million dollars to fight seniority integration?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well hey, they have a good thing going over there..... You Frontier guys can as well. Here's what you can do to fit in over there at SWA. Forget anything you've learned about technology and CRM. That will be a good place to start. Start thinking about "me" a lot more. Mention your W-2 earnings often and refrain from talk about any sort of retirement plan. When talk of a retirement plan is mentioned, change the subject and mention how cool Herb was and how he could drink most CEO's(Gordon Bethune gave him a run for his money) under the table.....

I think most unions come prepared money wise for a merger. The problem is you don't really know what you will get when it comes to arbitration. Thanks to the Bond Ammendment, you can't just staple them. Now, you could pull an ATA and just buy their assets and promise you might hire some (which is what it sounded like in that memo). But, it also sounded like all of the unions had to sign off on the deal (?), and that means some people will agree to arbitration etc, which may mean the dreaded C word---compromise. Have fun! It......will......be......FANTASTIC.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Well hey, they have a good thing going over there..... You Frontier guys can as well. Here's what you can do to fit in over there at SWA. Forget anything you've learned about technology and CRM. That will be a good place to start. Start thinking about "me" a lot more. Mention your W-2 earnings often and refrain from talk about any sort of retirement plan. When talk of a retirement plan is mentioned, change the subject and mention how cool Herb was and how he could drink most CEO's(Gordon Bethune gave him a run for his money) under the table.....

You also have to start thinking "this job of mine is the best on the planet. Why wouldn't anyone want to fly the same plane for the rest of your life, doing multiple leg days with 25 minute turns, forever? " Hey, they do have stability, and the pay is great, not to mention most of the stews. Overall, it would be a major improvement from your current status. And those 23 hour (or 23 trips) 3 day trips are great, except when your last day consists of a BWI-LAX nonstop, followed by 2 more quick legs---to PHX and LAS to finish. Live hard, play hard, until you die....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Mohawk Allegeny will have Frontier pilots integrated into Swa in a fair manner regarding their current seat position. There will be no staples or hiring. Relative seniority. Mohawk Allegeny is Federal Law get use to it.

Mohawk Allegeny will have Frontier pilots integrated into Swa in a fair manner regarding their current seat position. There will be no staples or hiring. Relative seniority. Mohawk Allegeny is Federal Law get use to it.

It's too bad Allegheny-Mohawk can't keep you off this board. p.s. Learn how to spell a simple aviation term, A-hole.

Naah, Gordon jumped some railroad tracks on the way home from a party and bottomed out his 911 yet still made it home untouched by the cops.... chug a lug doug got caught, which means he can't hold his liquor as well. Gordon was asked by the local Ferrari dealer shortly afterward if he'd like to drive a new one of theirs to see if he might like it. He(in his funny, sarcastic tone) said " you are aware of the reason I have no sports car right now aren't you?" I heard this story from the horse's mouth, and that horse didn't work for the Ferrari dealer. He will never be replaced.

You may be right.........dudeinstructor

But...F9 is in a take it or leave it position. There will be an agreed to integration or they will be part of RAH. This will not go to Arbitration.

Latest resources

Back