Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA spending a million dollars to fight seniority integration?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Instructordude,

It says "fair and equitable". In this case, a pay protected staple is more than fair and equitable. So is your 50 percent pay increase. If our unions can't come to an agreement, we walk. DOH or relative seniority is a non-starter. If that is not "fair and equitable" to you, then fine, go work for Republic. It may not turn out to be a staple per se, but it won't be anywhere close to DOH or relative seniority. We won't vote for that. I know all the Frontier guys I've flown with who left to come to SWA certainly won't go for that.

hiring mins

Anyone know what the hiring mins are at frontier? I'm assuming most pilots that have been hired post 9/11 are well qualified but a few may be less than 1000 PIC. Something to think about.

SWA has said that if seniority integration is not agreed upon they will not proceed with the bid.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA, oh, oh, AHAHAHAHAHA..... oh, man, where have I heard that before?

1) Say it's a prerequisite
2) Pull out when pilots don't come to an agreement. "Gorillia" pilot group says it can "stop any merger"
3) Oooops. Deal is back on...too good to pass up. Pilots will have to deal with it.
4) Tenacity of the smaller group is unexpected....and they didn't get totally ROTFLStomped by digging their heels in.

Yes...yes, I'm sure I've seen that play out somewhere before.

Moral of the story: If the management wants the deal, it will get done, despite any of the employee groups objections. The pilot's opinions are worth less than zero to management.

Nu

Last edited:
I am curious, why does everyone automatically assume that there will be some sort of integration?

SLC
:cool:

Bingo....There are some specific things Ron Hicks stated in his press release. None of them included integration but "hired as necessary".

I'm sure the F9 guys are great but not a single one will be put senior to a SWA pilot. The Morris buyout is precedence. This isn't a merger it's a picking up the scraps off the Ch11 table.

We've got 3 FOs on the Merger and Acquisitions committee and you can bet if there is a knife fight with F9 they will bring a gun.

PS: Get use to fair and equitable based on seat position. Its Federal Law....Get use to it tough guy.

Exactly, a 3 year FO makes the same as a senior Capt at F9.

If they buy the assets and then hire who they want then some of us could be in a great position. Since they are flushing the pool, then some of us with connections could get in before they start to hire back the Frontier guys. Then you'd have a quick 400-500 pilots junior to you.

I know TC pisses a lot of you off, but in fact this is exactly what happened to a buddy hired at AAL back around 2000 (or was it 2001). His DOH was March, and then they stapled something like 2000 ex -TWA guys below him.

It can be a dirty business....

Latest resources

Back