• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA might like SWA proposal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm far more worried about MCO in this regard....... We've had guys playing the forced displacement game for about 4 years now. It would suck if they weren't protected too.
The 717 MCO pilots are protected in MCO, but that won't figure into SWA seniority as the plane is fenced for 10 years.

The AirTran 737 MCO pilots are not base-protected. The base was considered "not yet open" (it became effective 10/1 for the first MCO pilots), so ALL AirTran pilots will be considered ATL-based when they "cross the fence" after training.

It's too early to tell how it will affect the MCO list. How much MCO-BWI and similar overlap do we have? We have a lot of international flying that will have to be staffed, but how much is reduced from overlap and how much new flying is added? Big question marks that will take a long while to figure out. Training won't even start until March or April for the first people to cross over, we don't know which bases and planes they'll try to train first, lots and lots of unanswered questions, but hope that answers at least part of your worry about MCO.

Lear,

What have you done with the Lear from the past 6 months? :)

I agree and that was a great post. We have all said some things over the past few months that we would like to have back. Now that the emotions and speculating is dying down it will be fun to see where we go - unified.

Gup

I thought all AAI FO's would be on the bottom and very few AAI CA's would hold their seat. But it looks like it was struck somewhere in the middle. The AAI seniority hit was a certainty, with either negotiation or arbitration.

Nice post Lear, I think we are all waiting patiently to see the full language. Thanks for posting some of the original bullet points. We may not agree on everything, but I believe you posted what was out there, without the spin.

RF

What convention was supposedly used for the SLI? It does not appear to be straight up DOH minus 4 years...is it a (5:1?) ratio starting at DOH then?

If not, why does it not stick to a particular convention?

I will agree that the pay increase is similar to an upgrade. However, if you lose 3-4 years of seniority, will I hold weekends off? holidays? like I do now. I will have to wait to see the whole thing.

My point in that matter is when you consider this an "upgrade" you wouldn't have held the weekends or holidays off at AT if you were a brand new capt having just gone through an "upgrade"

Heard today that 200 more new hires this fall to staff increase in aircraft at beginning of year. We will see. That has nothing to do with AT folks....these are straight new hires!

Heard today that 200 more new hires this fall to staff increase in aircraft at beginning of year. We will see. That has nothing to do with AT folks....these are straight new hires!

Before I call my buds and get their hopes up can you sight your source?

Thanks,
Jim

Lear,

What have you done with the Lear from the past 6 months? :)

I agree and that was a great post. We have all said some things over the past few months that we would like to have back. Now that the emotions and speculating is dying down it will be fun to see where we go - unified.

Gup
*chuckle* Warrior spirit, my friend. Both sides argued passionately (and you're probably right about wanting to take back things said from time to time), but once the battle is done, everyone needs to get on the same page moving forward.

We may not be there yet, still have to draft final language, get final approval from your BoD and our MEC and then pilot voting, but if it's all ratified, you're absolutely right: time to move forward unified.

Latest resources

Back