• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA might like SWA proposal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What is reserve like at SWA? Do they use you every day or do you sit at home ? Can you pick up extra flying over guarantee on your days off?

Jball2,

We can get together and commiserate over beers how bad our life is. :-(

OK that was hard to say with a straight face. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! :))))))))

That seems to be making the rounds pretty quickly. Be interesting to see how accurate it is in the end. I would have preferred cold hard cash instead of stock or options.

Hoping for enough grease to make it work for all of us.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it's stock options. It's actual stock that you can sell any time you want. No strike price. In other words, SWA just reimbursed you for the 737 type.

I just threw the options part in there for good measure. The rumor is 1000 shares that have to be held for 24 months. I really didn't pay much for my type, after taking the education deduction from it I was only out about a thousand. It paid off quickly though. Best money ever spent.

if this is true, not bad...I don't think an arbitrator can do better than that. Boy SWA laid it all out there. If Airtran turns this down they are crazy.
I think SWA pilots will approve this, we won't be elated by any means but...from the surface without details it seems fair (I think).

I just threw the options part in there for good measure. The rumor is 1000 shares that have to be held for 24 months. I really didn't pay much for my type, after taking the education deduction from it I was only out about a thousand. It paid off quickly though. Best money ever spent.

I agree, best money I ever spent. I think that was the motivation behind the stock grant was to put that type argument to rest forever. that's my opinion of course.

I think I would wait for the details before I speculate. That's old Gouge from the deal. The guy who posted that says he was joking. See his post called "the deal"

Here of is:

To all.

I wrote the post that started this thread. It was a hastily prepared attempt to bring a little levity and harmless mental exercise on a day when speculation and rumors were rampant. I thought that would be more obvious than it obviously was. I have no connection to anyone involved in the process and zero idea of the planks of the actual agreement. I apologize forany stress I havecaused to anyone, especially the hardworking negotiators and leadership of all parties involved.

If he is a Fredo, then you must be the loud mouthed, hot headed Sonny. You deferentially aren't a Michael.......

You think too much of me. I'm not even shining their shoes yet brotha-
I appreciate the deference though.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back