SWAPA might like SWA proposal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You haven't even seen the deal yet.

He may not have, but perhaps that person has realized the lottery ticket being handed to them.
SWA has senior FOs pulling in over $200K a year....so I think AT pilots shouldn't complain about what they're getting. They're getting waaaayyy better than they could ever EVER EVER have hoped for in their negotiations with Fornaro and AT, and they're being handed a spot on the list with SWA pay and benefits.

Example:
Most people don't realize that, if you have a debilitating accident at, say age 35, and can't fly, the Loss Of License insurance available pays you damn near your full salary till your 65....do Air Tran people have that? nope.

I prefer to make a completely informed decision. Call me crazy.

We trusted the AT MC to get the best deal we could. It seems they did. I trust them and that is why I will vote yes. If you don't trust them then why did we use these guys? Waiting to see if fine, but this is the deal they got. Not sure if I understand your hesitation on either side. This was not a contract negotiation with our old management, this was with GK whom as far as I know has not lied nor been less then genuine with us, or anyone else as far as I know. A truly big difference. That is why I trust this to be our best deal.

Last edited:
We trusted the AT MC to get the best deal we could. It seems they did. I trust them and that is why I will vote yes. If you don't trust them then why did we use these guys? Waiting to see if fine, but this is the deal they got. Not sure if I understand your hesitation on either side.

I agree oldman. Let's move on.

This message sent from POS Gateway LT

He may not have, but perhaps that person has realized the lottery ticket being handed to them.
SWA has senior FOs pulling in over $200K a year....so I think AT pilots shouldn't complain about what they're getting. They're getting waaaayyy better than they could ever EVER EVER have hoped for in their negotiations with Fornaro and AT, and they're being handed a spot on the list with SWA pay and benefits.

Example:
Most people don't realize that, if you have a debilitating accident at, say age 35, and can't fly, the Loss Of License insurance available pays you damn near your full salary till your 65....do Air Tran people have that? nope.

Your close. If unable to fly and to get paid to age 65, you have to meet the Governments definition of disabled. Much harder to get I'm afraid than just a simple loss of license.

I want to say welcome to SWA to the AT pilots. I know both MC groups are very sharp and put a lot of time into working out this agreement,. I will never let an AT guy buy his own drink. :)

Latest resources

Back