• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWAPA Mediation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SWAPA makes the NPA look a well oiled machine. The majority of the SW pilots have their head in the sand and are content letting the same Union lifers make the decisions for them. I would expect negotiations to drag and the status quo to remain for quite some time.

After watching SWAPA operate, I realized there was no way they were mentally capable of crafting the SLI deal(s). They simply waited in the corner with a coloring book and then the company took away their crayons, handed them a pen and told them where to sign.

I will say, everybody is very nice though and it's a great place to work. I just find the union bluster chest thumping amusing. Kind of like Richard Simmons as a DI for the Marines.

I suspected as much. That being the case why waste time. The first offer is always the best offer according to the experts who post on here.

Phew, that was close. Fortunately proposals on the table are not offers. I'm glad the company didn't take the first "offer" from SWAPULL.

If you think you think you have any clue what will be in a T.A. before a T.A. is released you are fooling yourself.

Is this the first time you ever done this?

If you think you think you have any clue what will be in a T.A. before a T.A. is released you are fooling yourself.

Is this the first time you ever done this?

Ahh, one of those "big picture" guys. That's fine, both sides are counting on you.

If you can't read the tea leaves ahead of time, you're probably a rookie in the realm of negotiations.

If you want better pay and benefits, vote no. If you're relatively happy with pay and benefits, vote yes. However, after reading the majority of you posters on here, vote yes on the first offer, it will only get worse from there. Good luck, we're all counting on you.

Ahh, one of those "big picture" guys. That's fine, both sides are counting on you.

If you can't read the tea leaves ahead of time, you're probably a rookie in the realm of negotiations.

If you want better pay and benefits, vote no. If you're relatively happy with pay and benefits, vote yes. However, after reading the majority of you posters on here, vote yes on the first offer, it will only get worse from there. Good luck, we're all counting on you.

This will be my third vote on a T.A. at SWA and my sixth T.A. vote at a 121 carrier so I would not classify myself as a "rookie."

I can assure you that every time I was asked to vote on an agreement, the rumors and speculation did not match what was actually in the agreement I was asked to vote on.

Airline negotiations remind me of asking your parents to borrow the car. You are going to get it eventually, after you ask about a million times. During this negotiations process you make promises about taking out the trash and mowing the yard. Your parents have every intention of letting you use the car, they just want to get as much in return as they can, without you dying your hair purple and listening to the misfits in revenge. I predict SWA will keep the keys to the car until code share and scope is relaxed in the contract.

Latest resources

Back