Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, definitely voting no. But I won't be suicidal if it passes, either, because the 10 year fence protects my QOL while I get the pay raise. Worst case scenario, this passes, I buy a sailboat and give away a week of flying every month while I spend time in the Caribbean. So yes, things could definitely be worse. ;)

SWAPA: copy-paste, file under Arbitration ammo. Thanks a lot.

Nobody is "banned" from upgrading. The proposed seniority list and realistic expectations for upgrade afterwards rule. There are no extra provisions saying no upgrades for 10 years. It's just the list.

There are provisions that give all the upgrades to SWA FO's. We have FO's who are in the top 10% of our seniority list they will not be allowed to upgrade until after most of the SWA FO.

But you guys all go to AAI upgrade payrates immediately with this deal. What a slap in the face.

RF

But you guys all go to AAI upgrade payrates immediately with this deal. What a slap in the face.

Again, WHY do you care what they make? Does it reduce YOUR pay? Or are you just using that as an excuse to try to grab their seniority. The more you guys talk, the more you sound like USAPA slugs.

I don't care, but here is the dichotomy..

With the SW FO pay, they will be making the same if not more than if they would have upgraded and gone to the bottom of the AAI CA list. So when they argue that they are taking a seniority hit, they would have anyway to upgrade when they would have. This was not a merger of equals Fubi, quite a few major differences here, but most level headed people see that for what it is.

RF

This was not a merger of equals Fubi, quite a few major differences here, but most level headed people see that for what it is.

Actually, its IS a merger of equals. Your career expectation was to be a 737 CA. So was AAI's. That's all that really matters.

Career expectations historically ONLY refers to widebody vs. narrowbody upgrade potential.

Not when. Not at what pay. Wide vs. narrow...period.

You guys sold yourselves on the idea that because they are getting a pay raise, YOU should get preferential upgrades.

The only thing unequal in this SLI discussion is the origination date of Air Tran vs. SWA. Everything else is B.S.

Face it, YOU want to jump the line for a CA upgrade. YOU want to relegate the AAI F/Os to a decade of indentured servitude because for some unknown reason, you seem to think you are somehow superior because you were willing to buy a type rating to get hired at SWA.

Here's an uncomfortable factoid for you...it wasn't too long ago that SWA was just a glorified regional airline that paid like a regional. It was the place where you went when you couldn't get hired by a legacy.

All you had to do was buy a type rating and you're in like Flint.

Now just because you get paid a lot, doesn't mean you're any better or worse than any other 737 pilot. Don't forget, the 737 is the entry level jet in most of the third world.

So where does that leave you? An overpaid, third-world jet jockey who had to buy his type rating to get his seniority number.

I just can't figure out where the arrogance comes from.

Fubi is either a Tranny, a former Tranny or just a WN hater.

Sadly, you're wrong on both counts. I don't hate SWA. I'm just mystified how come all you SWA F/Os who post here grew such big egos. They probably go with your big watches.

I'll never forget my PA IP's response when I asked him how he liked being a SWA pilot. "Well," he said, "I fly 8 legs a day and never leave Texas."

That comment came to mind when I was talking to a SWA CA outside the hotel the other morning. He was going coast to coast, but it was going to take him 5 legs and all day to get there.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Career expectations historically ONLY refers to widebody vs. narrowbody upgrade potential.

Not when. Not at what pay. Wide vs. narrow...period.

So I should take a job at Atlas so my expectations would improve.

Got it.

Gup

So I should take a job at Atlas so my expectations would improve.

Got it.

Gup

An Arby has never heard of Atlas. Bloch (and every airline pax) has heard of lccs airtran and southwest.

It is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back