Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
To further this thought. I just got off the phone with one of my reps. He said 717 rates, probation, longevity and other things I won't discuss are ALL on the table if this deal doesn't go through.

I suggest BOTH sides call your reps if you want more details.

Gup

Sounds good. No need to call my reps. Back to the table.

Unless they vote yes then lots of road shows for them to explain why.

OP,

SWAPA is not even close to a joke. Just ask any AAI pilot. Savvy mofos is a better description.

Last edited:
Seriously, guys, this "deal" needs to be DOA. Let the arbitrator sort it out. Stapling 650 guys and banning them from upgrading for a decade is bogus.

Fubi, why are you on here? You are beginning to sound like General Lee, and you know how many people like him.

Nobody is "banned" from upgrading. The proposed seniority list and realistic expectations for upgrade afterwards rule. There are no extra provisions saying no upgrades for 10 years. It's just the list.

Nobody is "banned" from upgrading. The proposed seniority list and realistic expectations for upgrade afterwards rule. There are no extra provisions saying no upgrades for 10 years. It's just the list.
That's semantics.

You're absolutely correct that the list was crafted so that there ARE NO F/O's at AirTran who are senior to MC (the #1 person after the last 10/3/07 class at SWA). So by virtue of a highly-unequal Seniority List Integration, we are essentially prohibited from upgrading by virtue of lost seniority, but "it's just the list".

So how about you take out the provision in SL9 that the number of Captain Retention Slots DECREASES with our own retirements and voluntary downgrades, and fix the number of Captain Retention slots at a fixed number that doesn't change?

;)

My career expectations were to upgrade at some point prior to the tricentennial. So no, expectations not met.

Please. As you prove on your next post your career expectation is to get paid as a pilot to never fly. Your expectation is to move up the ALPA political ladder and rub elbows with Washington power brokers.
You weren't going to have your expectation met no matter.
But by all means- serve your master and stretch this process out- keep alpa dues flowing in for as long as possible- try and poison the culture of a future alpa competitor.
Everything I predicted you'd be doing- you are.
Youre scheduled to retire #2 - just how you of all people can vote no on this bc of some short term issues is incredible. I guess if you're not getting a short cut, you don't know what to do.

Please. As you prove on your next post your career expectation is to get paid as a pilot to never fly. Your expectation is to move up the ALPA political ladder and rub elbows with Washington power brokers.
You weren't going to have your expectation met no matter.
But by all means- serve your master and stretch this process out- keep alpa dues flowing in for as long as possible- try and poison the culture of a future alpa competitor.
Everything I predicted you'd be doing- you are.
Youre scheduled to retire #2 - just how you of all people can vote no on this bc of some short term issues is incredible. I guess if you're not getting a short cut, you don't know what to do.

How about this for a reason. If he votes NO and proclaims the unfairness of the entire agreement he is in a win/win situation;

- EVP at ALPA is against agreement. Agreement passes . ALPA was just sued and lost for DFR in a merger, and EVP is on record against this agreement. ALPA protected. Box checked.

- Agreement fails. ALPA continues. Box checked.

- Agreement passes. PCL retires #2 at SWA. Box checked.

So how about you take out the provision in SL9 that the number of Captain Retention Slots DECREASES with our own retirements and voluntary downgrades, and fix the number of Captain Retention slots at a fixed number that doesn't change?

OK, then let's take away the 1:1 furlough...hey it was all part of negotiations...it was what the NC/MC came up with...longevity, probation, 717 payrates...all cost the company $$ and Mr Kelly brought that to the table...

OK, then let's take away the 1:1 furlough...hey it was all part of negotiations...it was what the NC/MC came up with...longevity, probation, 717 payrates...all cost the company $$ and Mr Kelly brought that to the table...
*chuckle* ;)

I was just pointing out the fallacy that there wasn't anything except the list that was crafted to make sure your F/O's upgrade ahead of most of ours on the pre-9/27 list. Our senior F/O's are kept from upgrade when OUR OWN pilots retire because of that clause.

Besides, the 1:1 furlough protection doesn't help until we're all on a combined Southwest operation. That's already been brought up by about a dozen of us, including the attorney, as soon as we saw SL9. So sure, I'll trade you that. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back